PIAA Silicone Wipers for unparalleled vision assurance in rain!

So it seems like when you spend $40 on these wipers, you put them on and then you never use them. Is that pretty accurate?

So it seems like when you spend $40 on these wipers, you put them on and then you never use them. Is that pretty accurate?

No. You use them. Remember, when you are on the highway, muddy mist flies up onto the window too from other cars.

I got some of these wipers with the spoilers. They work well but the passenger side wiper arm is hitting the little spoiler. Also when the passenger side is down the end towards the side of the car isn't touching the windshield. I think it might be my windshield though, I swear it is more convex near the edges than my original.

I'll take some later. They look like any other wipers. I opted out of the carbon fiber, because I wanted to keep a low profile to keep theives away. These things still are awesome! You'll never need a bottle of Rain-X for the front windshield again!

Last edited:
i just installed mine several days ago, however only rain a little on the same day...they look awsome, window is so much clearer now however still no heavy rain for me to fully test them out

So I am bumping this old thread to say these wipers are the best. I bought them in July of 2007. About 3-4 months ago the drivers side wiper started leaving streaks, the passenger side still works great. TWO years these things lasted. Since the passenger side still works fine I'm just getting an insert, but the drivers side I got a whole new wiper because the current one is starting to rust a little.

I put them on my mom's car a few months after mine. Hers are still working great, but the drivers side has the same rust issue as mine so I got her a replacement blade for the driver and insert for the passenger.

I still can't believe it, I didn't think they were that old until I checked the receipt.

I wish they made these in a beam-style blade instead of the traditional linkage type - much cleaner looking, IMHO. I use the RainX wiper fluid (only $2.50 at Walmart), and it accomplishes the exact same goal flawlessly.

Good find though.

Back