Photos of the P5

mp5racing21

:
Sold:MP5, Saab 9-5
I thought I might post some photos of the P5. Enjoy. 56k may be a bit slow.

Attachments

• CIMG1516b.jpg
    CIMG1516b.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 299
  • CIMG1518.JPG
    CIMG1518.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 184
  • CIMG1514.JPG
    CIMG1514.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 294
I think they're ADR Kasais...or some version of that....or are the ADRs rip offs of something else...I can never remember.

ANYWAY, I absolutely love the wheels, whatever make/model. Beautiful.

I second the motion for clear sidemarkers, that or smoke them.

Nice photos.

How do you smoke the markers on the front fenders? I have a black car, and would like to get everything dark. I have already painted the badges. Thanks!

Oh, I already looked through this forum, and the How-To forum. I'm not just trying to get an easy answer...cannot find anything on smoking lights, only blacking out the headlights.

Last edited:
sweeet nice to see another fellow NC'er around....we should get up sometime with the other fellow NC Mazda owners...there is a thread in the NC forums that explains our monthly meets.....

The rims are ADR knock-offs. I got a good deal on them(around $550 for both wheels and tires brand new, it was a while ago) so I'm ok with them.

As for smoking the corner lenses, I would if I was going to keep the car, but I'm trying to sell it. Just put it out in Auto Trader as a matter of fact. They listed it for $62,995. Its ok though. Hopefully I can sell it quick and then trade my 9-5 in for an RX-8.

MSP, I was going to get together with you guys a few days ago, I've been keeping up with the threads but whenever I try to come out I'm always bogged down with something. One of these days...

They listed it for $62,995.

Huh?

And on the Night Shade to smoke the lights, I was told it was outlawed and no longer made or sold. Now what? I do not want clear lenses. Any other way to go about it?

I don't think it's outlawed. Maybe in certain areas???? But as long as the cops can see an amber light illuminating from it, you should be fine.

MacBipes said:

I wrote down $6,295 when I was listing it, I guess when they transferred it onto the computer they added another 9. I called to fix it today, just told them to do an even $6k since I need to sell this car fast.

gapeachsp5 said:
I don't think it's outlawed. Maybe in certain areas???? But as long as the cops can see an amber light illuminating from it, you should be fine.

If you intend to smoke out the tail lights you might want to look up your local laws. I know DOT has a certain percentage of visible reflection that needs to be present to remain street legal. This explains why 70% of the factory tail light is a red reflector basically. I know a lot of people have done it, and chances are if it is illegal cops wont take the time to just pull you over for that, but if you get pulled over for something else then they might get you for that at the same time.

I just stuck with smoking my side markers and bumper lenses since those dont have any particular DOT requirements.

However I do remember having a hard time finding NiteShadez when I bought it, so maybe they have been catching a lot of flack from people that have gotten tickets, and law enforcement agencies. If I recall though they do say it is for non-street use. I dont know. Hope this helps.

Whats broken on your car to make it only worth 6k? Mine is still worth 10,500.

These are painted with black spray paint and clear coat, bulbs removed. I'll post if either one get's caught, but I have been in an accident and had a cop circle my car for damages and he didn't say/notice/do anything.

http://www.clubatenza.com/galleries/displayimage.php?album=86&pos=1
and
http://www.clubatenza.com/galleries/displayimage.php?album=86&pos=6
and
http://www.clubatenza.com/galleries/displayimage.php?album=86&pos=10

Sorry if I don't have better pic of the blue one but you can still click to enlarge and see if that helps. Eitherway, it looks clean. You just scuff the side markers a bit with sandpaper and than primer, paint, and clear coat. If you want to get detailed, you can sand off the letter on the side markers and make it smooth. The black p5 did, but I didn't. Goes unnoticed, but you might as well do it anyway while your at it.

There's nothing wrong with it. Quite the opposite, it functions perfectly. Its been wrecked before so I figure lowering the price to $6k will make up for it.

When a $3000 lens isn't available I use Photoshop, just mask a certain area and blur away. I took it with my little Casio digital camera and thats how I got it to turn out.

Back