Phone that's fully compatible, anyone got one?

:
was 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav, now 190ps DSG Tiguan 4M
I'm looking round to renew my mobile phone contract, so looking for a phone that will pair EVERY TIME, not just 9 out of 10 times like my Samsung Galaxy Y, which according to the compatibility list should work, it doesn't always.

Also I want to be able to use the TEXT messages send receive etc.

Not as important as I get a lot of emails, but I would also like a phone that actually handles emails also.

I find it very frustrating having a car with these facilities but not being able to use them. So my question, does such a phone exist?

If so what make and model please.

I have spent ages trolling the Mazda pairing service but have yet to see a fully compatible phone.

http://www.mazdahandsfree.com/phone...rier_id=111&manufacturer_id=105&phone_id=3006

Last edited:
Well I have a list of emails displayed on my car, but when I press on them the message doesn't open up.

And Emails are listed on the listing shown on the UK link.

I have a htc one m7,with latest firmware

The car downloads and reads all my messages and mails

But i have limited the number of messages in every thread and I never have a lot of messages and mails on the phone.

Thanks toeter

I have a HTC wildfire at present so will price up a htc one m7.

Battery readings are always wrong on my HTC One (M7) and Galaxy Note3. Playing music over bluetooth has delays when switching to next track. I don't think there is a perfectly working phone with our cars. My Note3 also works 9 times out of 10.

Thanks I couldn't cope with another phone that fails to connect so Samsung is out.

I've been happy with the HTC its never failed to connect.

I just got a CX5 today.
It paired up with my wife's and my IPhone's. It will play pandora through the Bluetooth signal but if I select the actual pandora section on the radio it doesn't function. It says no stations.

with Android 5.0 about to drop things might get better or way worse for NEW Android phones with our cars. Anyone a developer who has it? I run WP 8.1.1 so I can't be of any help.

I may be getting a new phone today. Looking at the LG G3, Sony Z3 or Moto X. I went to the Mazda cell phone compatibility list. The G3 is 100% with the exception of email, the Moto X is 100% and the Z3 is not listed. All I care about is calls and music. More than likely I'll be getting the G3 as it has phenomenal screen resolution, 3GB RAM and a memory card slot. Not a fan of Samsung bloatware so their phones are out.

Didn't go for it today, way to busy in the mall outlets. I did play with the LG G3 and Sony Z3. If anything it confirmed that the G3 will be the way to go, beautiful phone, I'll be getting that model for sure.

HTC one M8 is available but too pricey.

So now considering a HTC 510 desire, does anyone actually use one?

Picked up the LG G3 yesterday. Just paired it with the NB1. Lets see how long this lasts. BTW, screen resolution at 1440 x 2560 pixels, 5.5 inches (534 ppi pixel density) is unmatched and the rest of the phone is impressive as well.

Bought a HTC Desire 510 today, it sent and received text messages, and read them out to me.
So time will tell if that continues. I'll report back if it fails at a later date, some report the messages only worked for a few weeks.

The 510 is also inline for the upgrade to Android 5. According to what I've read, and I'm a novice at this, Android 4 and above has MAP built in which is apparently required for the message function to work.

http://www.cnet.com/news/car-techs-guide-to-using-your-android-phone-in-the-car/

http://socialcompare.com/en/comparison/android-versions-comparison

For those interested.

Alright, it's been about a week since pairing my new LG G3 with the NB1.

So far, it has stayed paired and text messages are received! Music comes through and it remembers where it left off. Amazing.

I haven't had to call the so-called BT Hotline to get a request for a BT module replacement either. I'll keep on knocking on metal for luck.

Just thought I would update as promised.
Phone still down loads and reads both emails and text messages. So I'm a happy bunny. (nana)

Just thought I would update as promised.
Phone still down loads and reads both emails and text messages. So I'm a happy bunny. (nana)

Pleased it works for you. I have a htc one with MAP profile and it doesn't work, I only get voice command to dial, I think because my cx-5 was built October 2012. but i don't get the same track startup fault on the audio unit that usa 2014 owners have.

Back