Phone Mount for Navigation

I've got this holder:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

And I love it. It fits in the armrest holder when I am not suing it. I replaced the wing nut with an M6 (I think) knurled screw, so it blocks the top stereo buttons less. I can charge the phone from the center console jack and can keep my eyes up (and use the phone at lights). Plus, I have yet to put a Cd in teh CX-5, so it's not taking up any valuable space ;)

Hi Atomic,

I realize this reply is a little late, given the date of your post; however, I was wondering if you could post a pic of your mount in place/use in the CX-5.

I've had my CX-5 for about a month now and liked the Mountek CD player mount but was worried about access to the touch screen. Also, please let us know if you're still happy with the set up.

Thanks

Hi Atomic,

I realize this reply is a little late, given the date of your post; however, I was wondering if you could post a pic of your mount in place/use in the CX-5.

I've had my CX-5 for about a month now and liked the Mountek CD player mount but was worried about access to the touch screen. Also, please let us know if you're still happy with the set up.

Thanks

I strongly recommend the smartphone mounts by Exogear, if you don't mind mounting the phone on the top of the dash. Although they make a disc slot mount, too. Their suction technology really does adhere to everything and their Touch designs work really well. Pretty highly rated on Amazon, too. You can see my Exomount in another thread I made, located here. (Ha, I just noticed that you're the user who requested I make that tutorial.)

I just installed a KENU AirFrame to replace my old mount.

It's TINY, looks very durable and allows me to install my iPhone in the CX-5 without blocking the clock, the volume knob on the radio (like the Scosche mount did) or anything else than the part of the vent it's mounted on.

Really happy with this, highly recommended

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

I'm using a Scosche vent mount that I purchased @ Walmart around 2010. It worked well in my Mazda3, then in my CX-7 and now in the CX-5. It holds my iPhone 4 well, has been quite sturdy.

It's not sold anymore, but its replacement is this :

http://www.scosche.com/mounts/vent-mount-ipod-holder

Last edited:
I strongly recommend the smartphone mounts by Exogear, if you don't mind mounting the phone on the top of the dash. Although they make a disc slot mount, too. Their suction technology really does adhere to everything and their Touch designs work really well. Pretty highly rated on Amazon, too. You can see my Exomount in another thread I made, located here. (Ha, I just noticed that you're the user who requested I make that tutorial.)

I took your suggestion and I ordered an Exogear Touch for my CX-5.

It took nearly one month to arrive to my home (I live in Chile), just arrived yesterday. But it worth it. It's really excelent. The best car mount that I've tested. Very happy.

Cheers.

I'm in the market for a new mount since I can't use my current window mount after installing a 3m clear shield on the front windshield. Some of these mounts are great but I'd like to photos of them being used. Please post photos of them in action.

Going to try to jump in on this thread. In the beginning there was someone stating there was a mount he was using to the side of the cubby hole. This intrigues me the most as I am now using more and more apps on my phone whilst in the car.

Does anyone have links to mounts that they can recommend for cubby/side use?

Thanks!

I just installed a KENU AirFrame to replace my old mount.

It's TINY, looks very durable and allows me to install my iPhone in the CX-5 without blocking the clock, the volume knob on the radio (like the Scosche mount did) or anything else than the part of the vent it's mounted on.

Really happy with this, highly recommended

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

Can you tap the face of the phone without it making the vent move up/down? Does it stay pretty stable vertically while driving? I like the middle driver's-side vent for location, but I want something fairly stable, yanno?

Latest posts

Back