Phone book question

Locotiki

:
CX-5 AWD Touring
I have a 2013 Touring that I use with an iPhone 4s. I was wondering if there was anyway to edit the phone book info that is displayed on the "speed dial" screen?
On my phone I might have three to four different numbers associated with a single contact and when I create a speed dial number for them for multiple numbers all I see is their name and not the type of number it's associated with. For example, I have three numbers for my wife, home, work, and cell listed on my speed dial screen but all I see is her name listed three times. Ideally I would like to edit the name associated with the number. The only way around this that I can think of would be to create a unique contact entry on my phone for each number but that kind of defeats the purpose of the address book. On my iPhone I can click on my wife's name and see her work, home, and cell number all on one page. I would rather not have three separate entries for it if possible.
Thanks,
Ed

use the voice dial option- call "wife" mobile, or call "wife" home, or call "wife" work. Outside of that I haven't seen anything that looks like what you want.

I have an Android phone, Google Nexus 4 running CM10.1 ROM. It works just fine.
I have a contact with home/mobile/work and in the phonebook on the CX-5 it's listed properly. 1 name, and shows all 3 numbers in the appropriate section.

OK I have iphone4, and when I go to phone contacts and click my wifes name it has home, mobile, work listed. I'm unsure when you say create a speed dial- are you refering to your iphone, or the car? However editing the contacts only for the cx-5 wouldn't make sense as it pulls that information from the phone.

Latest posts

Back