Pg tip vs. Cobb tip

CENTERS77

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6 Sport
is there any difference between the two except paying an extra 70 bones for the cobb ? i have a feeling i am paying the extra 70 for it to say "COBB" on it lol. but if there is a performance difference i would like to know

thanks.

is there any difference between the two except paying an extra 70 bones for the cobb ? i have a feeling i am paying the extra 70 for it to say "COBB" on it lol. but if there is a performance difference i would like to know

thanks.

The word "COBB" adds 25 HP.

Last edited:
o dang for real ? im definitely gunna have to go with the cobb lol. thanks for helpin me out.

o dang for real ? im definitely gunna have to go with the cobb lol. thanks for helpin me out.

NP. We do carry both. Honestly, there isn't a real rocket science behind intake technology.

Why pay more when they both do the same thing? :p

both are good products. of course i'm going to rep my own here, but both are going to do much the same thing that the other will do. ours is nice because you can use it with just about any turbocharger, stock or otherwise, and it fits with every air intake including the stock airbox. and yes, its cheaper :)

depending on the bypass valve you are using,the cobb inlet might be quieter. in practice, thats the only real benefit here with using silicone over metal. we have measured ambient and boost air temps using our inlet and found no detriment to our choice of materials.

both are good products. of course i'm going to rep my own here, but both are going to do much the same thing that the other will do. ours is nice because you can use it with just about any turbocharger, stock or otherwise, and it fits with every air intake including the stock airbox. and yes, its cheaper :)

depending on the bypass valve you are using,the cobb inlet might be quieter. in practice, thats the only real benefit here with using silicone over metal. we have measured ambient and boost air temps using our inlet and found no detriment to our choice of materials.

Thanks boss. :) super tired and could not think of a intellectual sounding way to sell it. :D(kiss)

LOL i thought there was some sort of huge difference when u talked about the cobb adding HP and nothing about the PG, but after i replied and looked back i was like wow im retarded. the only reason y i asked in the 1st place was because theres such a big difference in price. PG = way to go

ive got the pg one and am very happy with it. fitment was perfect and install was a breeze

Im still waiting on my PG turbo inlet but I had previosly owned the CPE Inlet (very similar to cobb). I installed it and was very dissapointed with the fitment. They work well if you have the appropriate cobb / cpe intake and inlet but with my injen intake it was not a good fit at all. The "mouth" of the inlet where you insert the intake is so big that they have to include this metal "coupler." Even with like 4 clamps it was a flimsy fit that just didn't look or feel right. Didn't even look like it sealed well. Long story short I just returned it. Im sure I could get it to fit "okay" but after paying 200 bucks for a piece of silicone I just said no thx. On the mazdaspeeds I have never seen a larger than 3 inch intake. Why on earth did CPE have to make the mouth of that thing big enough to stick my entire head into ?????? I just don't understand.

Well rant over. My vote goes to PG inlet. Im yet to see anything negative about that.

I have the Cobb, and bought it long before the PG inlet was around, so no disrespect to Ken. I have seen both and worked with both and they are both solid pieces. The Cobb isn't as rigid by itself, but once you connect the entire intake system together, it does hold up just fine.

Several other local members have the PG inlet, and for the price/effect, it's a good deal. I paid $40 more for the Cobb inlet at the time, and not knowing any better, I would have considered one of these.

well it seems like the PG is the way to go considering the price and the way the piece fits compared to the cobb. cuz i have an AEM CAI already on the car so i dont wanna push my luck with the Cobb cuz it seems like the cobb TIP would have to go with the Cobb CAI.

well it seems like the PG is the way to go considering the price and the way the piece fits compared to the cobb. cuz i have an AEM CAI already on the car so i dont wanna push my luck with the Cobb cuz it seems like the cobb TIP would have to go with the Cobb CAI.

I've got mine on a MSCAI and have no issues. the CP-e on the other hand was a much more finicky piece to match up things with.

I, too, was very happy with the fit of the PG inlet. I had read on some other forum that there was a black metal bracket on the 07s that had to be removed for fitment. Not the case with the PG. Once installed I've got a good half inch clearance between the inlet and that black bracket (that seems to serve no purpose). Great design and now with my Fujita and Forge installed I can truly drive around something that sounds like a jet engine.;)

I was also looking at both the pg and the cobb one. Not trying to thread jack, but shouldnt I go with the cobb tip incase I run the ap in the future?

Latest posts

Back