PG FMIC review

moll88

:
08.5 mazdaspeed
So just installed the kit the otherday and wanted everyone to know how it was first off the kit was top notch it looks sharp installed, it only took me a little less then 2hrs to have it back up and running the fitment was tight but as long as you fallow the instructions it's cake. Performace now is amazing I am holding a solid 18-19 to redline with no spikes and the car runs alot smoother my hats off to Ken at pg for the awsome product and outstanding customer service ! I'll post pics up tom.

CXracing makes a cheaper kit for $500 on ebay......the cxracing kit fits better though and it's cheaper

not trying to knock off the PG kit ...but in today's economy the cxracing kit is the cheapest fmic kit for the MS3

Last edited:
Paid 250$ for the kit with out the intercooler, and I don't kno how anything could fit better bc this kit was a perfect fit for me.

...cxracing made the pg kit...3

don't post bulls***, no offense, this really ticks me off. cxracing does not nor have they ever made our kit, period. the only relation cxracing ever had to this kit was when they were supplying cores to mazda3mods to make the kit. mazda3mods bears more responsibility for the design of the kit than anyone else. i'd sooner accuse cxracing of using our design or mazda3mods double dipping and selling them the design as well as to us. even the torque damper we sold was copied and put on ebay.

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

as for it "fitting better", its the exact same pipes, so sounds like subjective user to user variance to me. our core, frankly, is better than what cxracing supplies and why i don't buy cores from them. and if you buy it as a pipe kit, sans core, you're not going to find a better deal on pipes designed for this car, nor as complete a pipe kit.

now, that said, i'm willing to make deals on the kits we have if it means people want them. nothing, for mazdas247.com customers, is off limits in terms of asking. i have a great deal of inventory and am willing to make something work for some one that wants it.

don't post bulls***, no offense, this really ticks me off. cxracing does not nor have they ever made our kit, period. the only relation cxracing ever had to this kit was when they were supplying cores to mazda3mods to make the kit. mazda3mods bears more responsibility for the design of the kit than anyone else. i'd sooner accuse cxracing of using our design or mazda3mods double dipping and selling them the design as well as to us. even the torque damper we sold was copied and put on ebay.

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

as for it "fitting better", its the exact same pipes, so sounds like subjective user to user variance to me. our core, frankly, is better than what cxracing supplies and why i don't buy cores from them. and if you buy it as a pipe kit, sans core, you're not going to find a better deal on pipes designed for this car, nor as complete a pipe kit.

now, that said, i'm willing to make deals on the kits we have if it means people want them. nothing, for mazdas247.com customers, is off limits in terms of asking. i have a great deal of inventory and am willing to make something work for some one that wants it.

edited...what i meant to say is that the CX kit is just like the PG kit...i am still going to buy the PG Piping kit and source my own fmic core...i didn't mean to (bash) that was never my intentions...not to many people know about the CXRACING kit so i thought that i would just throw that out there...how much HP can ur core support Ken?..the CX kit says it can only flow 400hp...

edited...what i meant to say is that the CX kit is just like the PG kit...i am still going to buy the PG Piping kit and source my own fmic core...i didn't mean to (bash) that was never my intentions...not to many people know about the CXRACING kit so i thought that i would just throw that out there...how much HP can ur core support Ken?..the CX kit says it can only flow 400hp...

our cores have larger diameter flow paths between the fins. in the 27x7x2.5 size like what CXR offers we rate the core as efficient to 30psi of boost. you can well imagine that's beyond 400hp on these engines. of course it is TIG welded with aircraft grade 6061 aluminum.

So just installed the kit the otherday and wanted everyone to know how it was first off the kit was top notch it looks sharp installed, it only took me a little less then 2hrs to have it back up and running the fitment was tight but as long as you fallow the instructions it's cake. Performace now is amazing I am holding a solid 18-19 to redline with no spikes and the car runs alot smoother my hats off to Ken at pg for the awsome product and outstanding customer service ! I'll post pics up tom.

what size core did u end up needing?

c0e1c53c.jpg

Back