PG Coolant Tank

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

the engine bay isn't as clean as it usually is, but you get the idea. I've got a shot of the bracket i made for mounting, it uses a t-bracket, 2 l-brackets, and a flat piece of metal underneath for support, all ground down for no extraneous edges and painted black to go with the I/C piping.

If you want Billet you should look at the Perrin catch can. The entire can isn't billet, but the top and bottom are. The body itself is made of the same stuff they make the silicone cuplings that they use to connect intercooler or intake tubing together. It sounds cheap but it looks pretty good. My wife and I just installed one on her car. It's a little expensive though from Perrin (over $100). I can get you a picture if you want one.

JMV, you want to run your radiator hose to the bottom of the coolant tank. If you keep it like that the radiator can only force fluid into it but it won't be able to take any fluid from it when it needs it.

Mark

Velocifero said:
I have the weapon R can from PG and it works great. I took a different route to the coolant return method. On the bottom of the can there is already a drain plug, unscrew it and fit it with a $0.97 barbed fitting from Lowe's and call it a day. The reasoning I went this method is this retains the stock gravity feed design. If you are running a tube down the inside of the can you are vacuum feeding, however if you were to ever have a radiator cap failure and lose your vacuum in the radiator you would not pull that coolant back into the radiator and eventually run dry (provided there is a leak) even though you would still have coolant in the can. With it gravity feeding it always tops off the radiator and if there was a failure with the cap and a leak I would know because the site glass would tell me it is empty. Good reason to watch your site glass.

this is exactly how i made mine work as well, brass fitting FTW

bigcc63 said:
What size fitting did you buy..........
honestly i couldnt tell you off the top of my head, i actually carried the can into lowes and found a fitting that fit, i assume it's 1/4 npt. but i dont really remember.

Back