Pcv Woes

lol good luck with it man... hopefully the new intake and oil will get you the results you want

mobomelter said:
yeah when i took mine in they replaced the pcv valve, the pcv valve hose, the throttle body gasket, the gaskets to the intake manifold, and that purge valve and hose. engine still vibrates the car at idle. I am going to try switching to amsoil oil since i did that in my focus and it helped with the rough idle.

did you check the engine mount by your coolant reservoir? those things have been known to go bad on 04 and early 05s... yes, there's a TSB on it

funny you should mention that. its already broken and been replaced. i changed the oil today and after i changed it i tried reving the engine to see where it stops vibrating. anything under 2100 rpm's vibrates the whole car with or without the a/c on. anything above 2100 and the engine doesn't vibrate the car.

sounds like you have a awr motor mount in or something... i would deffinatly go over your engine mounts or maybe even bring it back to the dealership or something??

they had it for 5 days, fixed a bunch of stuff, but the idle still sucks. it doesn't idly hunt like my friends bad honda. (jumps from like 500 to 1000 up and down) it just vibrates the car at idle. i don't think anything is really wrong its just annoying.

mobomelter said:
they had it for 5 days, fixed a bunch of stuff, but the idle still sucks. it doesn't idly hunt like my friends bad honda. (jumps from like 500 to 1000 up and down) it just vibrates the car at idle. i don't think anything is really wrong its just annoying.

are you just feeling it on your seat?

among other places like the steering wheel and even if you just put your hand anywhere on the body while its running. i am just chalking it up to another annoyance like the valves/lifters making a ton of noise.

i put the aem intake on today. omg its like it isn't even my car anymore. its soooo nice. I have definatley learned that its worth buying a good aftermarket intake instead of the cheap ones.

yeah i was thinking fuel pressure might be a problem and i never did check it. it got better for a bit but not for more than 2 days. altough i gotta figure out how to check it lol.

Last edited:
checked all the vacuum lines just to see if any of them happened to be leaking. no problems there. it sucks because i can sit and watch my engine jump around in the engine bay. i've seen honda's with 200k on the motor idle nicer.

MAF Plug

I just had a similar problem last week. The engine idled awful and you could even see it vibrating. I had a check engine light on and a battery light on. Replaced my less than a year old red top Optima, but lights didn't go away. Turns out the MAF plug had two broken wires and a third about 1/2 broken off. If you even touched the thing the engine jumped all over the place. My husband cut the plug out and rewired. Lights went away and engine went back to normal idle. I've put 2,000 miles on since and haven't had a problem. Only thing is Mazda dealer said I need a whole harness for $600 not including labor to replace the stupid plug. I like my hubby's fix just fine! By the way I have an intake and 54,000 miles on my 05.

Back