Passenger AirBag Light (im so confused)

ok so from the beginning my airbag light has been lit up on the dash so i just assumed it was some wires under the seat. So i made a list of things to check starting with the most easy and cheap. Slamming the seat back and forth didnt work then i tried unplugging everything and reconnecting it. At that point i kinda gave up and focused more on work then my car. After about 4 months i wanted to give it a shot sense i needed to get my car inspected and i knew i want gonna pass with that light on. So i did a few google searches and read that it could be the light next to the lighter and then it clicked i dont remember seeing that light on in a long time so i hoped and prayed that was the problem. so today i found the part number for the bulb went and bought a new one replaced it and hoped it work the passenger airbag light off never light up but the light on the dash wasnt coming on so i was in the clear....or so i thought. after running to the store to grab some beers i look down and see that damn light back on so i open a beer and pull apart the center console. i get to the light and everything looked fine so i checked the srs fuses and well all of them and they are fine. so i grab multimeter and check the connection on the bulb and the car both are fine so i tried one of the bulbs from the over head light and still no dice. so just for s**** and giggles i connected the multimeter to the spot where the light bulb plugs in and while its connected i turn on the car and to my amazement the airbag light on the dash is off and stays off. so i unplug the multimeter and bamm the light comes back on. After sitting there completely confused and contemplating jerry rigging the multimeter just so i can pass the inspection. sorry for the wall of text ive been drinking any help would be great.

also i dont know if this will help but the ashtray light wont turn on also and i check the plug and the bulb both seem to be working fine but the light wont turn on.

Try unplugging and plugging the wiring connector that is under the front seats. That has worked for a few Mazda owners.

I'd do it a few times to make sure the connection is good.

Latest posts

Back