Parts! Sale! Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi

Stuff doesnt fit/work in my new Evo, so here it is.

Alpine SWX-1242. Great condition and the best sub I've ever had. $150 OBO
DSCN0937.jpg

Eclipse XA2000. Like new! $150 OBO
DSCN0935.jpg

Alpine MRD-1005. Like new $250 OBO
DSCN0936.jpg

Driverside OEM fog. Make an offer
DSCN0934.jpg

Cobb Short Throw Shifter $150 OBO SOLD!!!
DSCN0942.jpg

Last edited:
Would love to buy that Type X sub to go with the other 2 I have. However, I live in Canada and shipping would be ridiculous. :(

Yeah I have 2 in a Bassworx vented box powered by a JL Audio 1000/1. Not sure what the internal airspace is due to it being a generic enclosure. But when I get one specifically made for the Alpines, I am sure my back window will do some flexing!! :)

Yeah I have 2 in a Bassworx vented box powered by a JL Audio 1000/1. Not sure what the internal airspace is due to it being a generic enclosure. But when I get one specifically made for the Alpines, I am sure my back window will do some flexing!! :)

Wouldnt that put you running at 4omhs? So you are not getting your 1000w? Pick up another amp+ MONSTEROUS box you (5 cubes+) would need for these things to do their thing, and you will be lucky to leave with your kidneys. Course that will take a monster alt!

The JL amp operates at FULL power (1000Watts RMS) anywhere between 1.5-4 ohms. The amp also senses your speaker load and calibrates the output accordingly. They also operate at FULL power anywhere between 11.5-14 Volts, so idle stoplights are not affecting your power output. Just another reason why I will never buy any other amp. Not to mention they are damn near indestructible (unless you are a retard and intentionally try to harm it)!!

The JL amp operates at FULL power (1000Watts RMS) anywhere between 1.5-4 ohms. The amp also senses your speaker load and calibrates the output accordingly. They also operate at FULL power anywhere between 11.5-14 Volts, so idle stoplights are not affecting your power output. Just another reason why I will never buy any other amp. Not to mention they are damn near indestructible (unless you are a retard and intentionally try to harm it)!!

Damn thats cool!, but that still leaves you under powering each sub giving them only 500 since its divided over the two subs?

It's all in the wiring... 1000 watts RMS goes into both subs. It doesn't split. The amp only "sees" one sub.

Wire both subs together (only one set of speaker wires come out..I believe this is called wiring in "series"...not sure though) and the amp pumps all the wattage directly to both speakers

Negative. Ohms law homie. You are dividing the load across the subs and thusly dividing the watts. You are driving two 1000w RMS subs @ 500w. Wiring in series or parallel changes the resistance across the subs, not how output is divided. 4ohm DVC sub = 2 or 8ohms. 2ohm DVC sub = 1 or 4ohms. 2 subs at 4 ohms= 1 (series) or 4 ohms (parallel). This changes the output to the subs by raising or lowering resistance but can do nothing to overcome the division of load. 1000w x 3 subs = 333watts a sub. Otherwise you would see people running 3 300w rms subs off of one 300w amp. Or by that reasoning whats to keep you from running 100 subs off of one amp? You need another amp. Either that or you have invented a perpetual motion machine.

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

1_4ohmDVC_8ohm.gif

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

Well, **** me...I need another amp!!!! Who's got a first gen JL Audio 1000/1 amp for sale????? Props to you for letting me know...I don't know alot about car audio or Ohm's Law, so I really appreciate it

Well, **** me...I need another amp!!!! Who's got a first gen JL Audio 1000/1 amp for sale????? Props to you for letting me know...I don't know alot about car audio or Ohm's Law, so I really appreciate it

Yeah man no sweat!

That does explain why my 2-12" Type R's sounded pretty much the same as my Type X's.

You are really in for a treat. If it were me I think I would sell one X and just build a bigger box. It will hit 5x harder than the two in the box you have now. You need a **** ton of amperage to run 2000 (REAL) watts, and your JL puts out real watts. (you are running 0 gauge right?)

To give you an idea of how big a box these things really need (keep in mind this one is smaller than I would have preferred, here is the box i built.

DSC00470.jpg

Dont even look at factory specs. They print that crap so people dont spit out their coffee. Learned that the hard way with some type-arrrhs. The box above is 2.4 cubes @ 31hz.

do you have the right side fog light by any chance

No the right one caught a rock at 140ish on ze autobahn. ;)

Bahaha... that made my day.

Yes - location. In profile. Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back