Pandora & IOS users

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
Anyone else have the random issue where audio output alternates at startup between the IOS device (latest version) or car audio? I can easily tell phone to push audio to car but at random it will sometimes start to play on phone even though Pandora is perfectly & quickly hooked up via BT.

I do not normally use the BT connection mode now with the replaced module so symptom may not be there in that mode. All-in-all very happy with module swap. It is so much more reliable now.

[Generic image I found online] I have to select Mazda instead of Airplay.

airplay_step1_ios7.png

Yes, that sometimes happens to me: Pandora is displayed on the Mazda, showing the song that is playing, yet the sound comes out thru the phone! I forget if the phone shows the Pandora app or the 'Pandora accessory' (which it should show). Next time it happens, if it does not show the "Pandora accessory', I'll try picking Mazda from airplay. Of course if it shows 'Pandora Accessory, we are out of luck.

It happens on the Mazda3 also:
http://www.howardforums.com/content.php/1924-Our-Mazda-Connect-and-Mazda-3-review/view/2

I think??? that if you start the pandora app on the phone and let it start playing BEFORE you start the car, that helps, but I may be all wrong. It does not happen that much, so it is hard to get a pattern. it is quite anoying.

I put in a trouble report to Apple about it.....

I've had it do both ways with app & accessory showing. It seems starting app beforehand does help. If I wasn't such a a Pandora thumb user I would probably just use the Bluetooth input alone.

Pandora & IOS users

I use Pandora every day. My bluetooth connects to the Mazda BT first always, and it'll start playing my Music app (iPod). so, I'll open the Pandora app, then press the play button on the bottom |> , and then it plays flawlessly. I do not yet have the bluetooth module update. Which means my iPod starts on the first song 8 out of 10 times! [emoji35] Also I'm on 8.1.2 and jailbroken.

Just adding a data point-- I've had the audio from the phone occasionally when using Pandora. Last time it happened I had connected a USB cable to the phone before starting the car (just for charging purposes, I don't generally use USB in-car for audio) so I wondered if that had anything to do with it. In my case I switched from Pandora to Bluetooth and listened that way for a while, and when I switched back to Pandora it played through the car audio.

I have been using the built-in Pandora app with my iPhone for close to a year and have never experienced the audio playing from the phone rather than the speakers. My main gripe is that approximately 50% of the time Pandora will resume playing correctly after an engine start, the other 50% of the time I get the "Pandora cannot connect..." message on the head unit and have to go to the phone and allow the app to connect. Haven't been able to figure out rhyme or reason for why it happens one time but not another. Other than that, works like a charm.

I noticed today if I have Pandora app active on phone in a paused state and start car with radio on it correctly attaches within a minute. I just need to keep hands off and forget to hit all the allow buttons. Keeping USB out of the equation helps as well.

That's my experience as well-- having Pandora running when I start the car, allowing the screen to cycle through all of its allow/confirm/yes/no buttons without touching it, and not having USB connected at startup means Pandora works fine. If I start the car without Pandora running I'll have to confirm on my phone, and if I have USB connected when I start my car I may get the audio through phone instead of car thing.

Back