Painted Pillar Installed

smp3000

Contributor
:
04' EVO VIII
Hey guys, I finally got my pillar pod- painted it- and istalled it. I think it looks nice!!! Thanks to Austin John for the paint equation- it is nearly identical to the interior paint. Here are some pics I took with my phone.

pillar1.jpg

pillar2.jpg

pillar3.jpg

Thanks guys! Yeah I think it looks so much better then having the carbon fiber piece that I used to have mounted on there. This looks so much more "factory".

smp3000 said:
Thanks guys! Yeah I think it looks so much better then having the carbon fiber piece that I used to have mounted on there. This looks so much more "factory".

I know what you mean. Nice work!

Where did you get the pillar? How much? Whats the paint code? All that useful info please :D.

Oh, and BTW... Looks great!

Chris

You can get the pillar at http://www.optauto.com

Here's the product code: GW-22-656 FULL PILLAR POD: PROTEGE 00-03 (DUAL POD/2" METER/BLK)

This color code is for the light grey interior. Go to home depot and have them mix a quart of Behr Premium Plus Int Satin Enamel, Pastel Base (7500) with the following colarants: B Lamp Black, OZ-0,48-10, 96-0; E Thalo Blue OZ-0,48-2, 96-0; L Raw Umber OZ-1,48-28, 96-0. Make sure and tell them you want a flat paint. This was given to me by Austin John so give him props for actually going through the process of trial and error and working witht he home depot guys to get the perfect match.

i used the same paint... worked real nice. Now i have a whole qt.. sitting in my basement.

I am pretty sure its the same paint on the MSP. Thanks for posting the specs on it now I can get mine done. Looks good!
moose

smp3000 said:
You can get the pillar at http://www.optauto.com

Here's the product code: GW-22-656 FULL PILLAR POD: PROTEGE 00-03 (DUAL POD/2" METER/BLK)

This color code is for the light grey interior. Go to home depot and have them mix a quart of Behr Premium Plus Int Satin Enamel, Pastel Base (7500) with the following colarants: B Lamp Black, OZ-0,48-10, 96-0; E Thalo Blue OZ-0,48-2, 96-0; L Raw Umber OZ-1,48-28, 96-0. Make sure and tell them you want a flat paint. This was given to me by Austin John so give him props for actually going through the process of trial and error and working witht he home depot guys to get the perfect match.

Now if you could find the color for the regualr grey of the interior the vinayl people would be set!

Hmmm- ok the pillar has been on for a week and so far I've had a lot of trouble keeping it AND the actually pillar itself to stay on. Somehow I fraked up the reguilar pillar and can't get it to stay on. Has anyone had this prolem with it? I'm considering maybe taking off the stock pillar all together and just using the pillar w/ guages. Any advice?

i just used a small rivet up top, i had a small screw in it for a while then i put the rivet in for smoother look. Mine seemed to stay for the first week or so without any glue/screws, now it will fall without it. I think some people used silicone or a strong glue, to hold the new pillar to the stock pillar.

The fact that your stock one is falling off, i dont know how to help. I tried just the aftermarket one and it didnt fit right without the stock one in place. Maybe screw the stock one in, then glue/tape the new one to that, if you don't mind putting a hole in your stock one.

where did you buy those gauges? i would love them if the middle was black instead of silver, either way they match perfect

Back