Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Shave

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • Leave it as is

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
:
03 Silver Protege5
Ok so I've decided that I want to change the look of my hatch, but I'm not sure how I want to do it yet, so give me your opinions on this.

I have a silver P5, themed black and silver throughout. Do you think I should I paint the "Mazda" and "Protege5" badges black and put them back on, replace them with "Familia" and/or "Sport20"/"323F" badges, or take them off, fill in the holes, and paint it?

If anyone has any pictures of any of these options on a Silver p5 it would be great if you could post them.

If you vote to paint them black, let me know if you like the "5" kept red or painted black as well.

Last edited:
If we had any.....

Maybe I'll just slather a huge Protegegarage decal across the side, like bus style, get the little perforated stickers so that I can see through the windows.

Black with the red "5" is exactly what I have been thinking about. I did the front flying M black and figured on continuing at the rear... (thumb)

I like smooth.
shavedhatch.jpg

Buy the familia badges and paint them black.
Touch up any "connector" pieces between letters with body-color matched touch up paint so the letters stand out better.

i've got a protege5 badge(with pegs) and a familia badge(without the pegs) sitting in a drawer if you want a test badge to paint.

i say paint them black and leave the 5 red.....i painted mine black on my sedan....lovin it.

also mountjonas.....if they dont mind, and of course you, can i have that familia badge?

Thinking on shaving mine... <-- Gawd that sounds aweful! :)

I hate the dirt build-up in between the letters that seems to be never ending...

I also think you should go with the familia badge and paint it black. Looks good.

Replica said:
filling the holes = your ...car has bondo on it....
And your point?
If done right the Bondo is very minimal...The holes are welded closed then grinded before a thin layer of bondo is applied to finish it out.....Shaved is clean

Shaved FTW(thumb)

I pulled the Protege5 and Mazda emblems off the back but left the flyin M, Had the holes plugged the with a weld and re-painted. Did the remaining emblem in flat black. Old pic before the JDM tails but you get the idea.

Oct2.JPG

I did did black and kept the 5 red....It looks great, take your time masking it off though, it's a b****. I'll post a pic whenever it stops raining. So in a couple months.

Back