Paint questions...

GzeroD

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege 5
Before anyone flames...I HAVE done many searches on many forums, and this one being my FAVORITE...Im going to post my question here.

Im trying to paint the upper lip of the stock grill and the inserts on the "eBay JDM Black Housing Headlights" to match the stock Rally White P5 paint. Trouble is finding the Duplicolor match...Im too cheap to go to a snooty paint shop and have them mix it up for me. I KNOW someone somewhere has found the match. From Duplicolors website I found the following info...I dont know if its THEIR paint code or what, but PT M201153/8801153. Anyone help me with this?

not a clue, the only thing I can suggest is to check the metal plate on the inside of the driver's door, there should be an OEM paint code there, IIRC.

you might no be able to find an exact match with duplicolor. i remember when i was looking for my silver color, i couldn't find the match at all. a guy at kragen showed me the duplicolor book and the only protege colors they had were 3 different shades of black. i ended up getting another type of silver i think the one for a 2003 mpv, its pretty dary close and i only used it to paint the upper grill.

My napa auto will mix up paint to match stock colors, they'll even throw it in a spray can for like 15, check them out if you have one nearby.

get a shop to match the color and put it into a spray can for you -- and get a GREAT clear coat .. the best clear coat they have.

hyperboarder said:
About 200-300 if you get it done right.

(freak) (freak) really~?!! i though is $50-70 something(because i dont need paint it on the back)....my friend work in the paint shop, he said for $90 i though that's too much...so didnt get it yet

Undercover said:
(freak) (freak) really~?!! i though is $50-70 something(because i dont need paint it on the back)....my friend work in the paint shop, he said for $90 i though that's too much...so didnt get it yet

$200 sounds about right, I work at a bodyshop.

GzeroD said:
Before anyone flames...I HAVE done many searches on many forums, and this one being my FAVORITE...Im going to post my question here.

Im trying to paint the upper lip of the stock grill and the inserts on the "eBay JDM Black Housing Headlights" to match the stock Rally White P5 paint. Trouble is finding the Duplicolor match...Im too cheap to go to a snooty paint shop and have them mix it up for me. I KNOW someone somewhere has found the match. From Duplicolors website I found the following info...I dont know if its THEIR paint code or what, but PT M201153/8801153. Anyone help me with this?

bake the lights take the inners out and take them and the top trim off the grill to a bodyshop. Shouldn't cost any more than $75 and It will be done right.

Problem solved...Duplicolor Pure White is almost identical. Ill post pictures when I get off my lazy ass and do it. Im thinking tonight I may go take some glamour shots of the car under some cool lights and whatnot.

Attachments

• 12-19-05_1547.jpg
    12-19-05_1547.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Back