Pablo's 2004 MSM Build

the passenger side seal for the top is starting to leak a bit... a little water comes in when its raining and I'm driving, didn't see anything when I got in the car, might have to replace that soon

Don't replace... fix: http://www.miata.net/garage/weatherstrip/index.html

Don't replace... fix: http://www.miata.net/garage/weatherstrip/index.html

Last edited:
ran into a small issue today, I was putting the tires on the trailer to have them mounted and it turns out it won't hold all 4 since they're 225s... should have realized this when I met up with Larry for the winter tires. I'll have to modify it so the lay down instead of standing up. I'm pretty tired today and I have to work later, so I didn't feel like putting the wheels on for the real look, but here's a teaser shot

2012-09-01_12-51-11_124.jpg

Autoxed today at Toledo airport, man these A6s are fun :)

2012-09-16_09-19-44_560.jpg

I like how the fat tires look

2012-09-16_13-39-07_272.jpg

Pumpkin suggested I took this shot, turned out pretty good

2012-09-16_17-39-39_144.jpg

Not a huge fan of the red centers, but your tires more than make up for it. Oh and have you thought of painting the centers white? I think that would rock...and match your numbers.

I'm not a big chrome fan so I've thought about having the whole thing re-done, color choice still hasn't been made but I have some ideas from photoshop on a different set. I'll have this pic shopped to see how they look.

ordered and received a couple of bolts to replace the one from the rear brace that stripped , now I need to find a tap that size... first purchase from MazdaSpeed!

I'm back home now, so I'll get on those photoshops in the next couple days! Should look good!

This thread is kinda dusty... got a foot well sub box from a guy on the forums, I'll get a sub and an amp soon to try it out on the truck. Still trying to decide if I go to Texas in March for the Grand-Am race or not, if I do then I'll stop by BEGi and get an upgraded turbo and a ECU reflash.

DSCN0118_zpsc3aea784.jpg

DSCN0119_zps962d234a.jpg

Last edited:
I know many people have a hard-on for BEGi's stuff, but I've never been impressed by a lot of what I've seen them offer.

How much does the upgrade cost?

I don't know why they take so long to respond and do stuff, might find someone else to rebuilt\upgrade the turbo. Or, as a cheaper and faster way to get on track I can put the stock downpipe back on.

OK, here's an update:

a turbo is going out to BEGi to be inspected, they will let me know if it needs to be rebuilt and how much it will cost to do the upgrade, we'll see what they say but if it turns out to be too expensive I'll get an AEM EBC and see if that fixes the issue, should work better than the MBC I have now. Other than that, I'm waiting to hear back from a guy for a sponsorship opportunity. Depending on what he offers, I'll be ordering some parts.

sooo... I just watched some videos on the AEM tru-boost gauge, this thing will definitively solve my boost spike issues. No need to have the other turbo rebuilt\upgraded, might ask BEGi to just send it back. I'd just have to spend some time configuring the tru-boost.

Latest posts

Back