P5 Suspension Upgrade Questions

Middle P5 has Mazda3 17's on it, correct... but the tire size is the same of the MSP.

Bought the blue's tonight. Still up in the air on springs. I want to replace them since my springs are stock and with 163k my luck is they will break soon after if i don't.

i never heard of springs breaking lol. they do get softer but i doubt they will break. when i took mine off this past summer they still had a lot of life in them and didnt seem too soft with the blues when i put them back on. i like how they feel together now. i will be going to toronto next month and will see how the ride is for 7 hours.

i never heard of springs breaking lol. they do get softer but i doubt they will break. when i took mine off this past summer they still had a lot of life in them and didnt seem too soft with the blues when i put them back on. i like how they feel together now. i will be going to toronto next month and will see how the ride is for 7 hours.

I actually had both of my Eibach front springs break....within about 6 months of each other. That said, Eibachs are still a good spring, I am sure mine were a fluke of some kind.

OP: when you are ready for some springs let me know, I sell Eibach, B&G, H&R, Tein, Racing Beat and Sprint. Coulda gotten the Blues from me, too :)

i had 3 cars sofar since im driving legaly and stock springs never broke even after some aggressive driving. neither they did for any of my friends with various vechicles. and if eibachs break then there has to be some kind of a quality issue. and eibach supposed to be better right? its when people start modifying the hell out of their cars is when they run into problems. this is just my point of view.

I've had springs break too. Sucks ass when it happens.

You can have my stock MSP Front Springs for $5.00 plus actual shipping should you so desire (101,000 miles strictly street). I'll include the stock MSP Front Struts for just the actual shipping. All 4 pieces are in excellent condition!

Protephile,

Do you have a website where I can order parts from? I'm looking at getting the Eibach Pro Kit springs with the Tokico Blue Struts.

Thanks,

Mr. X

Protephile,

Do you have a website where I can order parts from? I'm looking at getting the Eibach Pro Kit springs with the Tokico Blue Struts.

Thanks,

Mr. X

Just a facebook page (see sig and "Like" it for a discount). I have resisted a website because I don't want people ordering things that aren't in stock without
know how long it's going to be first. I'd rather lose the sale.
PM me with your Zip Code and year/model of your car although from your avatar I assume it's a P5...

Hey SATimko, you said:
EDITED for clarity.

MSP springs + MSP struts on a P5 = good.
MSP springs + P5 struts on a P5 = rear end sag.

Reason being the MSP strut spring perch is higher on the strut than the P5 strut.

I got a seller that has some Tokico blues and racing beat springs for sale off his Mazdaspeed protege. I wanted to buy them for my P5 and based on your comment it seems they would fit without the rear end sag. Do you or anyone else have comments on the racing beat springs or this combo of suspension. This is for a daily driver so super stiff would be no bueno. thanks

They're pretty comfortable. A little stiffer than stock P5 springs, but nothing that you would hate on a daily basis. They are a nice little upgrade.

i got the tokico blues on my p5. they are a little more bouncy than the stock but drivable and comfortable enough on long trips.

WERRD, This thread is awesome!

So anybody have any input/opinion on the KYB adjustable series struts?? Or are these not even made for the P5/Protege?

Now, when replacing stuts & springs, it'd smart to change stut mounts, correct? What's upgradable here for a daily driver, just OEM vs. pillow-ball?

& as for the Racing Beat Springs.....Am I wrong to like these for their price & fact that .75" front & .875" rear drops (which is perfect for me)? I guess what I'm asking is, in anyone's experience, are they a good investment, or just not bother, & go with the MSP set up (im assuming are nearly the same)

Thanks all

The KYB AGX struts are somewhere between Tokico Blues and Tokico Illuminas for about the same price as Blues unfortunately they are not made for P5/Protege.

Yeah... the KYB's aren't available... but with my experience with KYB's, I'm kinda happy they aren't at the same time. I've never found a KYB product I actually liked. KYB = Keeps You Bouncing.

I see nothing wrong with the Racing Beat springs. They're probably more readily available than the MSP setup too... especially now, 7 years after the last MSPs were built.

I have the MSP tokikos and MSP RB springs on all four corners of my P5. Nice little upgrade, not to too aggressive or stiff. I believe the MSP setup will be 20% stiffer and 0.5"-0.75" lower than the stock P5 setup. The biggest drawback is that the MSP tokiko blues from the dealer are like $200 each or something. You best bet is to find a good condition used setup. All in all, great upgrade for those who want some better handling without slamming it. The link in my sig shows some comparisons between the stock P5 struts and MSP tokikos.

Thanx for the feedback guys!....& thanx to this thread/pmknhead, I'll be going with the MSP setup (minus front struts...need to find a decent set, anybody know where I can find a good used pair??)

haha SATimko, I like that, "KYB = keeps you bouncing".....Thats unfortunate KYB didnt make the AGX's for P5....Adjustable struts sound more appealing to me than going full out with coilovers

Niiiice P5 funkytuqe.....Im headin in the same direction....Already installed CAI, iridium NGK plugs & wires, headers' waiting patiently till after emissions test (i like your header tho, it has the first cat built into the down pipe right?), & now, MSP suspension

Thanx for the feedback guys!....& thanx to this thread/pmknhead, I'll be going with the MSP setup (minus front struts...need to find a decent set, anybody know where I can find a good used pair??)

haha SATimko, I like that, "KYB = keeps you bouncing".....Thats unfortunate KYB didnt make the AGX's for P5....Adjustable struts sound more appealing to me than going full out with coilovers

Niiiice P5 funkytuqe.....Im headin in the same direction....Already installed CAI, iridium NGK plugs & wires, headers' waiting patiently till after emissions test (i like your header tho, it has the first cat built into the down pipe right?), & now, MSP suspension

I've got the ball rolling on the Rear Struts so I'm on track with what I PM'd you!

Back