P5 Rear Sway Bar

The dinky stock 14mm is, well, dinky. Causes understeer, which sucks. What do all the P5 owners have for their rear sway bar? I was thinking a 19mm but I may go into the 20's if suggested.

i have talked to numerous people and have one myself i would suggest the AWR 21.5 mm because it comes with the endlinks and the mazda ones suck

The AWR bar and/or endlinks will make a s***-ton of noise unless you install it *just* right. I have the Progress 22 mm bar and brand new stock endlinks. I also put washers on the endlinks before the nuts to prevent any future siezing. For what it's worth, I had AWR endlinks before and after only 6 months the noise got so annoying a removed them only to find they were slightly bent. I did everything I was supposed to in order to keep the AWR endlinks quiet and they just wouldn't stay that way. So far, 3 months on the stock endlinks and everything is fine.

racing beat sway bar and MSP endlinks and Clunk fix bushing kit. never had a problem and dont forsee one. so good

racing beat sway bar and MSP endlinks and Clunk fix bushing kit. never had a problem and dont forsee one. so good
Also a good combination although you will need the MSP rear subframe to have everything line up correctly (I found this out the hard way).

The AWR bar and/or endlinks will make a s***-ton of noise unless you install it *just* right. I have the Progress 22 mm bar and brand new stock endlinks. I also put washers on the endlinks before the nuts to prevent any future siezing. For what it's worth, I had AWR endlinks before and after only 6 months the noise got so annoying a removed them only to find they were slightly bent. I did everything I was supposed to in order to keep the AWR endlinks quiet and they just wouldn't stay that way. So far, 3 months on the stock endlinks and everything is fine.

Home Depot is your friend for the AWR endlinks...
Installed (in place of O-rings) over 2 years ago and no problems whatsoever.

Attachments

• Sway Bar Damper (1).jpg
    Sway Bar Damper (1).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 768
  • Sway Bar Damper (2).jpg
    Sway Bar Damper (2).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 786
Home Depot is your friend for the AWR endlinks...
Installed (in place of O-rings) over 2 years ago and no problems whatsoever.
That was my next fix but unfortunately I noticed my endlinks were bent so I didn't feel comfortable using them. I think I just had too much preload on the bar for that particular shape.

I would say if you're going to use the AWR or Racing Beat bar to go ahead and use the AWR endlinks because you can adjust them properly (ie, have them perfectly perpendicular to the ground). This is not possible with the stock P5/ES bar or the Progress bar because of the long "mounting points". The trailing arms get in the way preventing the endlinks from being perpendicular.

I have the progress sway bar. Only complaints is the brackets suck. Ripped two sets before I had some heavy duty steel brackets custom made. AWR is probably the best cuz you can adjust the stiffness but to get them clunk free probably gonna cost more then the swaybar itself.

Also a good combination although you will need the MSP rear subframe to have everything line up correctly (I found this out the hard way).

i have an LX and i have had no problems with the setup. the only difference for the MSP subframe is the extra metal added on for support on the stock bushing mounts. which dont get used anyway with the Clunk kit.

i have an LX and i have had no problems with the setup. the only difference for the MSP subframe is the extra metal added on for support on the stock bushing mounts. which dont get used anyway with the Clunk kit.
Ah, this I did not know. Good information.

where can this kit be bought/what are they

http://www.autoxracing.com/

i bought mine from a sale thread at an awesome price. got really lucky. IMO its one of the best suspension mods for our cars. when upgrading the swaybar of course. once i installed mine, with the racing beat bar and MSP endlinks. and when the car was lowered, it was an awesome setup. well worth the money spent.

i gotta ask...what exactly does the clunk fix kit fix?? and good idea or needed when replacing the rsb??

just bought Dan's Progress 22mm rear sway bar. should be in teh mail to me soon. I'll have feedback.

Any tips on install? Or is it pretty straight forward?

Back