P5 rear brake upgrade?

Hi guys...im going to have to do my rear brakes soon and was just curious to what is avaliable for rear brake upgrades for a p5? I am currently running 2012 mazda 6 brakes on the front and would like to see what the options are for the rear?

from what i have read it seems like 626 brakes work but not sure what years?

seems like mazda 6 brakes work as well but you need to reroute the brake lines correct?

msp rears just bolt up but can i upgrade to bigger rotors? what are my options here?

MSP rears are what I went with. You really don't need a whole lot of braking power in the rear of the protege, and the MSP's are a slight bump in size over stock. The main reason i upgraded was to get rid of the horrible allen key adjusters in the P5 brake setup. The benefit of the MSP setup is in how easily it bolts up. Calipers, rotors, and you're done. No weird parking brake setups or anything to worry about.

MSP rears are what I went with. You really don't need a whole lot of braking power in the rear of the protege, and the MSP's are a slight bump in size over stock. The main reason i upgraded was to get rid of the horrible allen key adjusters in the P5 brake setup. The benefit of the MSP setup is in how easily it bolts up. Calipers, rotors, and you're done. No weird parking brake setups or anything to worry about.

so all i need is caliper and rotors no brackets?

Probably want the pads too...............I have the MSP calipers and will be getting new rotors/pads and doing this upgrade whenever the current ones wear out which will be a little bit.

Back