P5 looking to be reborn !

:
Silver Mazda Protege5 2002
My P5 was severly abused by its previous owner. Put it this way, he is family lol
Engine was swapped as well as tranny and going to need a new radiator soon, but thats not it !

Does anyone know where i can get some good but cheap sway bar links.
I currently only have one and i mind as well get four.

I had to remove the one sidekirt i had because it looked horrible with just one because the other fell on on the highway ? lol go figure...

Got major scratches all over the car and some dents here and there.

AC no longer works. Car is automatic=gay(my opinion)

Some positives of my p5-

Has a Alpine deck, a 15" Kicker L7 with Kicker zx1000.1
Has new headlight fixtures with Blue HIDs, new fog lights put in because stock ones were shattered and filled with water...
Spray painted emblems black and soon putting Mazda3 2008 rims on it.

The engine and tranny have about 50,000 miles according to my brother which is the mechanic that is helping me with the problems of my car.

Im slowly working on my silver 2002 P5. Even though its automatic im trying to make my car reborn.

Help me out with some links or anything opinions so my p5 doesnt give bad stereotypes.

Much apprecieted.

Attachments

• DSC02326.JPG
    DSC02326.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 724
  • DSC02329.JPG
    DSC02329.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 731
  • DSC02327.JPG
    DSC02327.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 704
  • 95640807.jpg
    95640807.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 683
  • p52t.jpg
    p52t.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
Hmmm? The sideskirts off it & aftermarket fogs sounds gayer than the auto IMO. I will wait for the pics tho.......I would suggest Montgomery Mazda for the endlinks. Search in your browser on their name and you'll find the site. Talk to Jason in parts 800-223-5439. He can hook you up with anything oem cheaper than I've found anywhere else. He is very knowledgeable on our cars.

yeah man it sucks but thats what i get for getting the car free ..

I tried getting oem fogs but i got aftermarkets for 80$ and they work great so i cant complain. As for the sideskirts, i was missing one and the other was scratched bad so i took it off..

Thanks ill definetely give a call. I appreciate it.

I think it's about as hetero as a Protegay can be. That car looks naked without the sideskirts, I say replace them and take off the roof rack, then get your windows tinted.

Well s***, it doesn't look anywhere near gay for a free car, lol.

Yeah i guess lol.

I cant find anywhere that will just sell one sideskirt..
About the roof rack, i have no idea how i would go about taking it off...

Definetely look to tint the windows in the near future..
Just making sure everything in the engine bay is running good and smooth before i work on the outside ya know..

Not too bad all things considered, could have been much worse. Was it free or did you pay 2,000 for it? I thought I read somewhere it was the latter. Check the link in my signature if you want to see "Severely abused" lol.

Not too bad all things considered, could have been much worse. Was it free or did you pay 2,000 for it? I thought I read somewhere it was the latter. Check the link in my signature if you want to see "Severely abused" lol.

lol well it was a present so it was bought for 2k but i never gave a penny into it...
Man thats incredible stuff lol

Ahh, gotcha. That's about what I would expect for a $2k p5. Looks like a good start, just keep it between the ditches. :D

yeah im looking to fix the sway bars, im replacing the rims with mazda3 2008s and probably getting it detailed because there are a lot of scratches then new speakers, removing the hood rack, probably cutting the logo to make a evil m and tinting the windows...
Ill keep posting pictures as time goes by

Check online mazda parts for the necessary stuff...last I checked it was going to run about $180 new from mazda.

i found this guy on the forums that's selling the 4 links for $65 shipped so my car is going to be making progress ! Next the rims which im waiting on my father, the oem strips any suggestions ?

black wheels on p5 = gay > anything else

just my 2c but unblack the wheels and track down side skirts. It'll look great then. Congrat's on the car, what a deal.

im getting 08 17" mazda3s so it wont be ugly black. I just had it black because i was missing a rim and its a dud lol

Back