P5 Headlights...What do you think?

THE Phen

:
2013 Abarth, 2004 MSM - FM, '74 BMW Bavaria, 97 Civic EX B18C1
I was bored today after washing and waxing the car, so i painted the top of the grille. After that I was still bored, so I did this. What do you all think? I'm open to all opinions.

Attachments

• DSC02456.JPG
    DSC02456.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 881
  • DSC02458.JPG
    DSC02458.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 848
I'm not entirely sure if I even like it, so keep that in mind.

honestly, i dont totally dig it. maybe if the fogs were yellow. i dunno. the grill looks real nice tho. i'm kinda afraid to do mine and have it look like crap

Yeah, i'm starting to feel the same way after looking at it long enough. I'm going to remove them in the morning I think.

To be honest I just don't get the whole blue light thing, but the grill piece looks great! I'm thinking of doing it on my red P5. Didn't MSPs come with that piece in body color?

Butlerg said:
What kind of paint and silver color did you use?

It is the Duplicolor Import Car paint that Autozone carries. Sunbeam Silver (Mazda) is what the sticker said on the cap of the can.

I dig it, actually. Makes everything look clean. Nice paint work on the grill.
As for the blue lights, gotta admit I'm digging the blue. But then,
I'm biased having done my fogs just last week:

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture5nm7.png

http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture4it3.png

However, I've been contemplating as to it I want to go with the blue headlights as well so seeing yours with both is good timing. But I'm still torn as for how it would like with mine.

But for yours with the silver body, I think it looks pretty slick. (thumb)

I would loose the blue covers - do the rockblocker smoked foglight cover and paint your headlight bezels black. That would be a nice contrast with the silver.

P-Funk! said:
On your car - i think it looks great! Any issues wit da' PoPo?

I've never had an issue with the cops on those. I've done many different colors. Unfortunately, since I did a quick job on them yesterday, they got messed up on the drive to work. Here's a picture with them on in the dark.

Attachments

• 03-12-07_0620.jpg
    03-12-07_0620.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 676
jdm style grille! cool! yellow fog would totally help and you can even try painting the emblem black (flat black is hot)

Grill - yes (plan on doing mine this spring)
Fogs - yes, the blue looks good on the silver
Head lights - no...just doesn't look right.....to me anyway

I agree with you guys. I un-did the headlights this morning. Fogs are still blue though. I just thought I'd get some opinions from everyone. Thanks to all. I am definitely glad I did the grille mod tho. I'll have to redo it when it gets warmer though. There are some spots that got futted up.

Yeah, giving it a second thought, I agree with un-blueing the headlights.

As for mine, I'll be sticking to just the blue fogs on my black P5 as well.

Back