P5 Headlight conversion

Soundwave.

Autobots detected
:
2002 Mazda Protege5
So I know that a popular mod for us is doing the sedan conversion which would bring it from 2 bulbs to 1. What is done with the wiring at that point and also is it worth it? Im tired of having to replace the bulbs every 6 months because the life on the H7 bulbs are just garbage. What have you guys done for your lighting needs?

If you are considering that then go big and buy some retrofit HID projectors that are made from sedan housings.....those are the only reason I would go H4. Also never had issues with my car eating halogens like some have had. Maybe try some Philips Xtremevision H7 bulbs, they luv me long time.........

Any idea where I could find the retro fits? or is that something I would have to do myself?

Think some dude named matt v used to make and sell them but not sure if he still does. saw some in fs section for p5 or msp just recently maybe week or so ago. was contemplating getting them. couldn't find thread but they looked like these
smallnewsig.jpg

Retrofitted headlights will occasionally pop up in the P5 classifieds, but you can do them yourself. It's a relatively easy process. Go to www.theretrofitsource.com and look for Morimoto H1 Minis. And they have videos and how-to guides. YouTube Morimoto Mini H1s retrofit to see what you're in for.

Back