P5 Headlight bulbs

wyldone4

:
2003 Laser Blue P5
Not to start a new thread on maybe an old subject, but man I need help. I bought some junk H7's off Ebay and everything was fine until the bulbs got too hot and started to melt the go between piece from wiring to bulb. Does anyone know what the exact nomenclature is or where can I order from? The mazda dealer is a joke on this one. Silverstars are definitely the best when they are not intermittent due to a faulty whatever the piece is caled.(rofl)

wyldone4 said:
Not to start a new thread on maybe an old subject, but man I need help. I bought some junk H7's off Ebay and everything was fine until the bulbs got too hot and started to melt the go between piece from wiring to bulb. Does anyone know what the exact nomenclature is or where can I order from? The mazda dealer is a joke on this one. Silverstars are definitely the best when they are not intermittent due to a faulty whatever the piece is caled.(rofl)
How does "connector" sound to you? Unless I'm totally off the ball...

You're like the 5th person I know with this problem, including myself. What you melted is the H7 bulb adapter. It adapts the bulb to the wiring harness so it will fit. The problem with the aftermarket bulbs - my experience have been with PIAA, Nokya and Cuzo - is that they draw way too much current and melt the plastic adapter housing. I finally gave up and went back to stock and had no problems after that. Replacing the H7 adapter is cheap, only like $5 or $6. Replacing the wiring harness is $400+. Damn, hope you didn't burn that up..... yet.

Lesson learned here is that you either go with real HID or stay stock.... just getting the look from replacing bulbs is not worth risking a melted wiring harness IMO....

DayOh257 said:
You're like the 5th person I know with this problem, including myself. What you melted is the H7 bulb adapter. It adapts the bulb to the wiring harness so it will fit. The problem with the aftermarket bulbs - my experience have been with PIAA, Nokya and Cuzo - is that they draw way too much current and melt the plastic adapter housing. I finally gave up and went back to stock and had no problems after that. Replacing the H7 adapter is cheap, only like $5 or $6. Replacing the wiring harness is $400+. Damn, hope you didn't burn that up..... yet.

Lesson learned here is that you either go with real HID or stay stock.... just getting the look from replacing bulbs is not worth risking a melted wiring harness IMO....
What PIAA bulbs were you using and what wattage? I currently have PIAA Super Plasma in there and no problems. 55w

MP5 Tuner said:
What PIAA bulbs were you using and what wattage? I currently have PIAA Super Plasma in there and no problems. 55w
I was using the same. After a while, they melted and fused the H7 adapter to the plug from the wiring harness. This happened twice, once with the PIAA bulbs, once with the Nokya ones. I had to break/pry off the adapters with a screwdriver, but after replacing the adapter and going back to stock, I had no further problems.

for me, I say go with HID....
I have alot of bulb issues... melt the adapter...and cause fog inside of headlight...bought new headlight assembly..
I have no luck with aftermarket headlight bulbs.
Just stay with bulbs with 55watts..anything higher will give your problem soon or later..

Ok this is kinda related. I have this problem where I am burning out my bulbs like every 2-3 months? On my 3rd set since the summer. I have used different brands same result. Any known causes? Im suspecting my system cause I dont have a capacitor but I havent had any other electrical problems. I know the one I just replaced got fire hot after like 45 seconds.

Maybe we are hooking the wire harness in backwards. The plug will attach either way but the coloring on the wires are different.

Back