p5 fuel economy

Zixxer636

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
So I have seen a few threads where people say they are getting 30+ mpg.

I am curious what fuel economy people are getting and what they have done to achieve this. I'm getting 25ish right now and have an intake, sls midpipe and a leaking stock catback...about to get replaced with ebay catback. Main thing I need to get is my cel off and that will help but I drive a lot and want better economy.

Thanks

The CEL is the issue.

Fix whatever is making it stay on... Then worry about asking these first of questions

No I know that's why mine sucks but I still want to know how people are getting such good fuel economy. Some of the guys I thought had turbo mp5s. So please share mpg, type of driving(city/hwy), mod list

Thanks

My point is, you have asked a question without a real answer.

Altitude
Fuel Quality
Driving Habits
Tire Condition
Tire Inflation
Manual or Automatic
Aerodymanic Addons (Bike Rack, Spoiler)
AC on or Off
External Tempreature
Traffic Patterns
Maintenence Scedule

All of these factors will alter the MPG of the car, So If I tell you that I am getting 8.8L/100Km with my turbo Protege.. DO you really care?
I could give you that car exactly as it is and you would get 14L - 20L / 100 KM just because the driving style is diferent.

Why not focus on your MPG rather than what everyone else is doing...

Like Fix Your CEL

I'm assuming that people reading this thread are interested in the topic of fuel economy and are driving somewhere between grandpa/ma and normal person who shifts before 4k most of the time. So far we have my car getting 25mpg for obvious conditions with a similar 50/50 split of city to highway driving as digitalslacker, and a turbo mp5 that is getting about 27mpg in canadia. Fueleconomy.gov says 22-28 and shows an actual of 28.5. If we get some more results hopefully we can get to the 28.5 average. CEL should be fixed this weekend so by next weekend I should be closer to knowing how my car will do.

Thanks for the posts so far.

Back