P5 Coilover suggestions wanted

urbanbiker

:
2003 MP5
What would you guys go with and why?

JIC FLTA1 Coilovers

Tein SS Coilovers with AWR front plates and rear upper mounts?

I love the way my Tokico Illuminas and Sprints ride but I need to go lower. Its not even a want anymore.... it is a need.

The car will be used for daily driving, non competitive drag racing and non competitive auto cross once in a while

If anyone has any pics of how low each setup will go that would be great. I am rolling on 17x7" +45mm w/ 215/40R17

Matt

I have the JIC A1 in front and A2 in back but they can lower the same amount. I only have 15 inch steelies on though in this pic. If you search some other posts, I have pics of stock 16s lowered the same amount.

winter.JPG

dam that pic make me wish i had coilovers instead of springs.. and i heard that tein ss's were the s*** ..

thanks for the reply man, I really appreciate it. Is that all the way down, or can it go lower? That sits really nice, I can see from the height of the skirts off the ground it would tuck my 17's nicely.

How is the ride? I just don't want it to be too harsh. My car rides so nice right now I don't want to compromise too much to go lower.

Thanks,

Matt

It can go lower. You would need correct offset for wheels if you want to tuck.
The ride is rough compared to springs.

Thanks a lot man, the +45 should be enough to tuck. I could slim down to a stretched 205 tire as well if it did rub. If I went that low I would be rolling the fenders as well.

Don't like the sound of the rough ride. Mine is a little rougher than stock but anyone who has been in the car really likes the ride. I have the illuminas set on 3 front and 3 rear for daily driving.

Looks like coils for the spring (first)

jomoyo069 said:
dam that pic make me wish i had coilovers instead of springs.. and i heard that tein ss's were the s*** ..

They are! I just installed mine. They lack camber plates, but they can be had from Delsing, AWR, or JIC.

Back