P0421 converter or O2 sensor?

Excellent info. It looks like a bosch 15730 is a direct replacement. I think I'll pick one up while I track down new coil packs and wires.

Yes it is. I suppose if your O2 sensor has some age on it it is worth replacing first to see if that fixes things.

I don't like that part on your O2 sensor readings where the voltage appears to drop out completely (for both sensors)

I'm not completely sure what happened there. I think that might have been the first moment where I lifted my foot off the gas to let a car merge.

I got the sensor installed today. Easy swap. Bosch had an interesting splice kit. I was going to solder everything together but I ended up using their kit and it seemed like it did a decent job.

I took it for a spin around the block and I can absolutely tell it's running smoother.

I'll datalog it again on my drive in to work on Monday and see if it looks different.

Here's the data logs from today with the new o2 sensor. I tried to mimic the same conditions present when I logged the originals. Car is certainly running better.

Last edited:
Back