Owners of the Ractive header - Have questions

Watarski

I am looking at purchasing a Ractive header for my P5. I have read of several things that make me question the purchase.

- Does the header cause your exhaust to be pushed back? I read where the axle-back was pushed into the back bumper.

- Does the header rub on the oil pan (I have a manual)? If so, how do you remedy this?

- Does it have the 2nd O2 bung? I read where some models only came with one.

Thanks for the help (drive)

Mine got pushed back and rubbed the oil pan.

Yes, it only has one O2 bung.. you can just run without the second sensor if you don't mind the CEL, and then if you replace the midpipe make sure it comes with a bung after the cat. :)

Mine might have been damaged in shipment or something but didn't look like it.. but yeah, it was bent a lil too much causing the pan rubbing and making the exhaust stick out too much.

No one else has the Ractive header? I've heard nothing but good things performance wise, but the fitment issues and having a constant CEL until I get a mid-pipe doesn't sound good to me.

Mine didn't get pushed back but it rubbed a little bit. I just unhooked one of the midpipe exhaust hangers. Just move your 1st o2 sensor all the way past the 2nd cat and get the MIL fix.

I have no fitment issues with mine. It is a little close to the oil pan but not an issue.

It only has a bung for the 1st o2 but you can have any exhaust shop weld in a bung behind your 2nd cat. then extend your wires and no CEL.

This was one of my most noticible gains in terms of the butt dyno. I could really feel the difference.

Attachments

• 10_12_06 007 (Large).jpg
    10_12_06 007 (Large).jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 679
  • 07_30_05 018 (Medium).jpg
    07_30_05 018 (Medium).jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 684
FunkyBuddha said:
Mine didn't get pushed back but it rubbed a little bit. I just unhooked one of the midpipe exhaust hangers. Just move your 1st o2 sensor all the way past the 2nd cat and get the MIL fix.

You don't need a MIL fix if you just put your 2nd oxygen sensor after the cat. Leave the 1st oxygen sensor in the stock location, it's needed there.

Ok, so this shows my inexperience. When you say have the exhaust shop (or myself) weld in a bung behind the cat...and then extend the wires. What kind of a PITA am I looking at in extending the wires?

Cutting 4 wires, doin a little soldering, etc. It's not a really big deal. You could always just have them weld the bung into the ractive before you install it down where the second sensor is in the stock location and then do the spark plug nonfouler trick. Then you don't need to deal with the wiring at all.

if you're that worried...go with the obx...same thing as the ractive...but no rubbing...no pushing back and it comes with the second o2 bung.

Back