overheating and I searched need advice

2k3 PrO RiDa said:
I have a question though. My car just started overheating today and it only overheated when I was driving. Like anytime I sat still at a light the temp gauge would go down. I luckily got home and checked under the hood and all I saw was a big leak like the coolant had bubbled out of the reservoir or something. Checked all the rubber tubing coming from the radiator and didn't see any leaks at all. Strangest part was when I shut the car off and watched the coolant reservoir go from full all the way down to empty. I refilled it and watched it for a few more minutes and it didn't go down anymore. I hope the problem with mine is only the thermostat too though.
It's likely that your thermostat is not opening up all the way. In this situation, the thermostat would allow enough coolant to pass to the radiator to cool at idle speed, but not enough coolant makes it to the radiator under normal driving. This would explain why the coolant is able to be cooled at idle, but not while the engine is generating heat under normal operation. Replace your thermostat first before trying anything else.

2k3 PrO RiDa said:
I have a question though. My car just started overheating today and it only overheated when I was driving. Like anytime I sat still at a light the temp gauge would go down. I luckily got home and checked under the hood and all I saw was a big leak like the coolant had bubbled out of the reservoir or something. Checked all the rubber tubing coming from the radiator and didn't see any leaks at all. Strangest part was when I shut the car off and watched the coolant reservoir go from full all the way down to empty. I refilled it and watched it for a few more minutes and it didn't go down anymore. I hope the problem with mine is only the thermostat too though.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2981936&postcount=25

Back