Ouch Kartboy

hi5

Man, i have not checked out the kartboy site lately and noticed they jacked the prices for the shift bushigs up to 35 bucks! Whats the deal with that for some little urethane things. Is there any other companies that make this or another dealer to get it for cheaper? Funds are tight right now. Thanks!

Last edited:
hi5 said:
Man, i have not checked out the kartboy site lately and noticed they jacked the prices for the shift bushigs up to 35 bucks! Whats the deal with that for some little ureathan things. Is there any other companies that make this or another dealer to get it for cheaper? Funds are tight right now. Thanks!

urethra?

is 35 dollars even worth complaining about?

Yell03SpecV said:
urethra?

is 35 dollars even worth complaining about?

hi5 said:
Man, i have not checked out the kartboy site lately and noticed they jacked the prices for the shift bushigs up to 35 bucks! Whats the deal with that for some little ureathan things. Is there any other companies that make this or another dealer to get it for cheaper? Funds are tight right now. Thanks!

Then you shouldn't mod...

Twm offers a lower priced version of the bushings. http://www.twmperformance.com/bushingkits/index.htm

i can see where he is coming from. I mean, from $20 to $35? thats almost double (and yes, i did all that math in my head) Those TWM's look like a good deal.

ya thats what im saying. I mean I saw them for 20 before. Now they are almost double. Sucks I did not order back in the day.

Its what happens after a company gets a mention in a magazine... for some reason after they make an appearance, the prices rise...

To clarify they were $25 for a long time. I've had mine on my car for well over a year. Seriously if your gonna complain over 10 dollars, don't bother modding the car. They are definetely worth 35 in my opinion.

Last year there was a major shipwreck from Uraguay to New York carrying pure Urethane concentrate. When the ship wrecked it sent the prices skyrocketing to insane prices. At the current time, they are working on a substitue material based from cotton and paper pulp. The first cars to use this bushing technology was the Chevy Cobalt and the new Mitsubishi Eclipse, which is evident in their ride handling.

/end sarcasm

I honstely would pay $75 for those Kartboy bushings if I had to. Its about want, not need when it comes to mod. I want my car to be the best it can, so I buy the best. If you want cheap knock-offs, then buy cheap. Just my opinion.

i dont know about 75 bucks but 20-35-50 they are deffently worth the money for a smoother shift. 50 would be pushing it though.. but if mazda can charg 300+ for a rear tunneau gueas they could charge 50+ for bushings

I have the kartboy bushings on my car, I don't feel anything special. Get the TWM bushings if they're cheaper

Last edited:
i just got a used kartboy shifter; im pairing it with the twm bushings; (they were cheaper; and i think twm is solid) Anyone tried this setup?

n0rthwall said:
i just got a used kartboy shifter; im pairing it with the twm bushings; (they were cheaper; and i think twm is solid) Anyone tried this setup?

I didn't try that setup, but bushings are bushings, they'll do that same thing.

gboromsp said:
.........Seriously if your gonna complain over 10 dollars, don't bother modding the car..........
Well then, send me $10 and don't complain.

I wouldn't tell someone if they comlain about a price don't do it. Then none of us would be driving for awhile when gas prices went up only a dollar a gallon. I bet everyone in here complained. He made a post because they almost doubled the price. Thats it. he didn't say I'm not buying it because of it.

Latest posts

Back