Opinions on these wheels

LTD-Scott

:
02.5 Protege5
A friend of a friend offered me a really good deal on Rota Slipstreams for my car. It was his last day working at a part company and was selling stuff cheap because he could. So I wanted some 16x7s and he said the only choice of colors he had in stock were flat black or sports bronze. Looking online, the sports bronze looked almost grey, so I picked them.

I just got them today and they are much "bronzier" than I was hoping. I'm pretty bummed. But for grins and giggles I put one on the car just to see what it looks like and I'm undecided. I can't return them, so the only options right now are to either use them or sell/swap them. Opinions?

DSCN4079_Medium.sized.jpg

DSCN4080_Medium.sized.jpg

DSCN4081_Medium.sized.jpg

DSCN4082_Medium.sized.jpg

DSCN4083_Medium.sized.jpg

eh, I don't like the sport bronze color. I like 'em glossy with the polished lip (royal bronze) better.

chuyler1 said:
eh, I don't like the sport bronze color. I like 'em glossy with the polished lip (royal bronze) better.

If I had that choice (or anything else with polished lip), I would have done so. I jumped on these because they were a deal, and I'm not a fan of all black wheels (the only other choice).

If you end up not liking them, you won't have any problem selling them on ebay, here, or on some other classified ads website or paper. They're pretty popular wheels.
Personally I don't like bronze wheels, but there are those that do. Good luck!

I think it looks pretty decent... you could also do the sandblast + powdercoat or paint option. Heck, sell 'em to me and I'd do that. Or maybe rock 'em bronze :D

Sorry but I (like others) am not feeling the bronze with the silver. My personal opinion. You do what you like though, it is your car man. If you do change your mind throw up a f/s thread and I am sure they will be snatched up quick.

Lord_Zath said:
I suggest putting some tires on them before driving it. Otherwise, give it a shot and see if YOU like it.

But I could put the other three wheels on the car and drive around saying "He hates these cans!"

I'm not diggin the color combo. I think I'm gonna throw them on here with an offer to trade for other colors. Otherwise, I can put em on da Bay.

Too bad your car isn't black, bronze would look sweet. I have to agree with everyone else, they don't look that great on a silver car. But keep em and paint silver or black.

I love the rims. Keep me in mind if u want to sell them!

I like those wheels. I think that I would have went with the fully polished myself, but I'm partial to polished wheels.

i really like them personally! I think they would look really good on a red P5 or black speed
ha ha!!

i like 'em...just paint them - the bronze isn't the best with your color. maybe a blue or black though.

Back