Opel Corsa OPC

altspace

Contributor
:
1990 RX-7 Turbo II
Earlier this year, we got a glimpse of the new hot mini-hatch in the way from the General's Teutonic outpost at Opel. Now, the company's revealed the Corsa OPC, the latest Opel (oh sorry, blokes, and Vauxhall too, as the VXR) to be so lettered. As a hot hatch, the Corsa has all expected accouterments, including 192 hp from a 1.6-liter turbocharged four and and a listed zero-to-60 time of 7.2 seconds -- specs competitive with similar Peugeots and Seats of the genre. What's more, an "overboost" function provides a temporary torque upswing (hyperspace?) from 170 lb-ft to 191. If we were betting sorts, we'd lay odds the Corsa will never hit the states as a Saturn, like so many other Opels have. But hope springs eternal, unlike some half-in-the-bag conventioneer's cash-advance card at the Sahara. Mike Spinelli

343989605_541ac0f072_o.jpg

343989579_a00d8aa278_o.jpg

343989555_31edd0b1cb_o.jpg

343989531_33c336dad3_o.jpg

343989506_ce29afb0cf_o.jpg

Seriously!? Do they really think these would not sell in the US? Oh wait...let me guess....the bumper design does not meet US crash safety standards. Ugh.

hah, youi guys loose again. cant wait to see one of these puppies up close. wouldn't mind owning one too. maybe if I sell my car back in the states and the Getz I have here I can get one top of the line.

that is badass...and btw, i'm using the pugeot 206 in Underground 2 and killing all.:) i also like the Clio. that's badass.

hey what the hell? they stole the RX-8 rotor logo on the rear bumper.

Other than that it looks like an aggresive yaris.. I Like.

seanmcsean said:
hey what the hell? they stole the RX-8 rotor logo on the rear bumper.

Other than that it looks like an aggresive yaris.. I Like.

With 190hp + it would eat Yarises all day long.

hot car. I'd consider buying one, but only if its sold as an Opel.

Revs said:
hot car. I'd consider buying one, but only if its sold as an Opel.

Why would you not buy it as a Saturn? It will just be rebadged.

We need to bring the Opel name back to the US.
And while it may be a bumper/safety related issue, it's more likely that
the American mindset when it comes to cars is just not the same as Europe.
As much as this forum's members may like it, we are hardly typical car buyer here.

mikeyb said:
Why would you not buy it as a Saturn? It will just be rebadged.

I know, but the idea of buying a Saturn bothers me even tho its an Opel, I'm just very anti-domestic minded.

altspace said:
Seriously!? Do they really think these would not sell in the US? Oh wait...let me guess....the bumper design does not meet US crash safety standards. Ugh.
Wrong!

It's the coolness factor, it's off the charts on this one. Therefore it shall not pass.

Revs said:
I know, but the idea of buying a Saturn bothers me even tho its an Opel, I'm just very anti-domestic minded.

Actually GM has manufacturing space in acouple of it plants here in the states. The original Saturn plant is being retooled to build the Astra and acouple of other new GM compact cars. So maybe the Corsa is on the list to be built here.

Last edited:
Back