oil viscosity

mikewashere

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
So I've been doing a lot of research on oil and oil consumption on these msp's I got mine in November only real problem I've been having is oil disappearing. I've done a compression test, (read better than factory specs straight across) full tune up, checked for leaks, it doesn't blow smoke on start up/driving so no clue where the oil is really going I just know I loose a lot of it, about a liter I'll be down every 500-1000km or more.

Some of you may of come across the "The Real reason why the FS burns oil" as seen here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123806386-The-REAL-reason-why-the-FS-burns-oil

thread a while back mostly stating alot of our issues are caused by pcv/blow by. With that said would it be smart to simply change oil viscosity from factory specs to help with the oil consumption a bit? It calls for 5w30 and I'm running castrol gtx non-synthetic 5w30. I know a lot of you guys must be having the same issue just wondering what everyone else is doing to cope with it.

Thanks

Last edited:
nope, shifts are 2500-3000rpm daily. You would think so with issues like this right? But no, ever since I've been trying to narrow down the issue and been checking oil its been granny driven for the most part.

Back