Oil Pressure Switch Threads

:
Protege5
Does anyone know off hand what threads the FSDE uses for the oil pressure switch? I'm going to be adding an oil pressure gauge and will likely need to add a T fitting to the back of the block, so I can run both the gauge and the factory switch. Unless there's another oil passage somewhere that's a little easier to access.

Additionally, those of you that have aftermarket gauges, what power source did you splice into for gauge illumination?

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ack-Mac-s-P5&p=6387761&viewfull=1#post6387761

that is what i did for mine, i drew up a quick diagram. for power i did the add-a-circuit fuse and used the radio fuse in the kickpanel box.

i used an oil filter sandwich adapter for my turbo feed, and i tapped into that for the oil pressure gauge. pretty easy and convenient if you don't have the windage tray tapped

So your gauges are switched with the key?

I was wanting to somehow integrate them with the headlights, so they are illuminated like the cluster lights.

Just to update this, the threads on the factory switch are 1/8 NPT. Since I'm not running a turbo or using the sandwich plate, I'll just use a brass tee fitting.

Wrong. They are not NPT they are BSPT. 27 threads/inch versus 28 threads/in. You can force an NPT sender into there but the proper fitting would ensure no leaks. See my build thread for more information.

I'll be doing sammich plate, tapping gauge cluster for lighting and catching pwr off cig lighter fuse whenever I get unlazy enough...........elec oil pressure and volts

I'll be doing sammich plate, tapping gauge cluster for lighting and catching pwr off cig lighter fuse whenever I get unlazy enough...........elec oil pressure and volts

You can't tap the gauge cluster for lighting. It's contained within the cluster itself. Tap the dimmer switch wiring.

Wrong. They are not NPT they are BSPT. 27 threads/inch versus 28 threads/in. You can force an NPT sender into there but the proper fitting would ensure no leaks. See my build thread for more information.

I'm glad you caught that. A new switch from Autozone had NPT, that's what I get for trusting a parts store.

Back