Oil from turbo?

ec_hornet07

:
2003.5 MaZdaSp33d ProT3g3
I jacked up my car just to have a look around and noticed some oil that was built up on the turbo and ran down the exhaust. Would this mean my seals on the turbo are bad? Whats the fix for this? and this would probably explain the burning oil smell i smell when I let it cool down after getiing on it.

The oil lines going to the turbo have little o-ring gaskets on them at the turbo. I dont think oil would make it outside your turbo if the seals were bad.. spray off all the oil on the outside of your turbo, take it for a spin and get down and look where the oil is coming from. i bet its coming from the oil line. Mine used to leak a tad bit as well until i replaced the o-ring.

You copied my sig!!!!!!!!!

and the oil around your turbo is probably from the intercooler or intake pipes (i forget which one) cuz your pcv drains it into one of those pipes (assumeing you left it stock)

you copied my sig!!!!!!!!

I replaces the oring on my oil return line a week and a half ago cause I had oil built up on my center area of my Turbo like you plus I was loosing oil but I never found it on the ground. Now after replacing after 700 miles I'm a quart low on oil and I've got tons of white smoke when I let off the gas and come to a stop. Is it possible that I could have kinked the return line or something and the oil is taking the path of least resistance through the Turbo seals? Anyone know the size of line?

maybe its not just the oring that is worn out it could be the actual threads on the oil return line i had to replace my whole oil return line to make it stop leaking. If you engine is burning oil it might not only be the turbo leaking it could also be bad seals

Thanks everyone I'm trying to take care of it soon. Before yall fixed it could yall smell the oil burning after just driving normally?

Allright I'll change my sig pics for you!!

Back