OFFICIAL THREAD: New England Protege Owners Club - Info

im def interested umm im i guess im considered new england i live right near the NJ-NY-PA border .......

you are more than welcome to join, as long as you dont mind a little drive for the meets :)

as for the domain, neprotege and nepoc.org are good suggestions. I am currently looking into mazdaspeed.org and will use that if i end up getting it. If that deal falls through then we will go with one of the others you mentioned.....in the meantime a few ppl are gonna get rollin on a website, and im gonna give em your contact info in case they need any coding done oleg

:)

mazdaspeed.org is cool too, would NEPOC be a subpage of that? 'cause a lot of us don't have mazdaspeeds :)

would you non MSP owners not like having mazdaspeed.org be our website?

In my mind using mazdaspeed as a domain (i almost used it in the club name itself for this very reason) is more of a cool and recognizable name and logo that represents mazda at its best than it is a reference to a limited number of turbocharged proteges. Just like people with p5s and sedans put mazdaspeed banners and logos on their cars. So like, if i get mazdaspeed.org, its still not at all biased towards MSPs, nor is the club, its just a really recognizable name........

the more I think about it though, while i would like to have a www.mazdaspeed.org sticker on my window or t-shirt or wherever, i think www.nepoc.org would look better since it will be next to a logo that says nepoc and not mazdaspeed....

Ah. Nah, NEPO doesn't really bother me. I don't think there'll be much confusion, and if there is any, I don't think that anyone is going to get all belligerent about it, since it's all for fun.

Any progress on coalescing the New England forums into one NE forum? Should we directly PM some mods?

I'd say:

Mazda Forums > Regional Chapters > Eastern US > New England (combining CT, MA, NH, VT, ME, RI).

Inside that we could ask for:

Mazda Forums > Regional Chapters > Eastern US > New England > NEPOC Administration

where we could talk about the administriative stuff (like coordinating meets, discussing things affecting the club's organization and what not), whereas New England forum would be used by both NEPOC members and by all others to chat about New England-related stuff.

I feel this will give a good balance between getting a good amount of region-specific traffic in one place, and also getting NEPOC a place to discuss organizational matters.

i have been in contact with enry and its in progress.

i told them either a NEPOC section like promazda, or simply combining all NE states into a New England forum....

if thye just do the New England forum a NEPOC admin part is a good idea.......although theres not much other talk in new england other than NEPOC

further events to be posted as they warrant

:)

Last edited:
Well, I was thinking the difference between NE and NEPOC Admin would be:

"what's a good tint shop in western mass?"

or

"let's go for a rt-2 fun run"

or meet info could be there, whereas nepoc admin would be more like people talking about planning meets, organization contacts, discussions on what the web site should be like, and other stuff that isn't really "new england" but pertains to the NEPOC club..

bump for more members (lots of new england ppl on here havent joined up :) ) And i just noticed RIU isnt at GIllette this year, its at the South Weymouth Naval Air Station....

the meet is still as on as ever, just thought that was interesting

Back