Official P5 wheel thread.

Thanks. So I guess they'd rub mostly on the front when turning because of the extra width?

Funny, Discount Tire has some 38 and 40 offset wheels that pop up when searching for wheels that fit Pro 5. Kinda confusing...

Thanks. So I guess they'd rub mostly on the front when turning because of the extra width?

Funny, Discount Tire has some 38 and 40 offset wheels that pop up when searching for wheels that fit Pro 5. Kinda confusing...
Nope, the width is fine - people most often go up to 7.5" wide wheels and a few people have actually run 8" wide wheels with no rubber. That unless you're talking about the offset then, yes. The problem there is the offset and that, more than likely, any bump you hit will send the edge of the tire into you fender - not good for either.

Well that's no good. Dang, guess I'll keep looking, thanks for the help!
I just wonder why some of these websites show incorrect sizes when you search for specific fitment...

They just probably have a generic "Protege" catagory in which they lump them all together. The sedans can actually go with slightly lower offsets because they have more space in the rear wheelwells (that's where we get hurt). Even so, +40 mm seems low, even for a sedan. I agree, I wonder where they get their info from.

^^^ Nope, won't work, well I guess they'd work but would rub like crazy Stick with +45 mm and higher (just not too high!) offsets and you'll be happy. Personally, I'm going to be running some Volk CE28Ns in 18x7.5 +50 trim when I get the money...

I am running 16x7 with a +45 offest with 205/50/16's and no problems at all. But I will only be running this setup for two more weeks. Soon it will be 16x6.5 with a +55 offset, also with 205/50/16's. :D

Last edited:
Soon it will be 16x6.5 with a +55 offset, also with 205/506/16's. :D
Seems like a stock wheel size, what type of wheels? The +55 mm offset seems a little high, but with the smaller wide and tire you should be fine. I only say this because I currently have the MSP Racing Harts which are +55 mm and I rub the inner rear fender liner when the rear of the car is loaded.

Seems like a stock wheel size, what type of wheels? The +55 mm offset seems a little high, but with the smaller wide and tire you should be fine. I only say this because I currently have the MSP Racing Harts which are +55 mm and I rub the inner rear fender liner when the rear of the car is loaded.

Ya, the high offset has me a little concerned but I guess I can run some spacers if I have to. Wont know until they come in and I get them mounted up. Do you get the rub due to your drop and/or tire size?

Oh and yes, they are a stock wheel size, just not on a Pro....hehe

Attachments

• 2006sport1.jpg
    2006sport1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 238
Ooo, those look nice, I don't think I've seen them before. But yeah, it could be because I'm lowered. I was just under the rear of the car today and I was looking at that particular area. There really is a very small gap currently back there and I can easily see how it rubs when loaded. I'd venture to guess that without the drop it would probably by fine. Just wouldn't look as good :p

I think the MSP wheels look nice on a stock height P5 with a 215/45/17. The wheel gap isn't that bad but it will rub under load. That is what Pro5x2 has said.

The wheels I am getting are off a 2006 Club Spec/Base Miata.

Finally got my wheels mounted with new tires. MSP Racing Harts powdercoated a gloss black with inside ledges left unpowdercoated:

7f03171bda94.jpg

Will get a bigger overall pic when I get front bumper, lip, and new sideskirts back on. (2thumbs)

Cool! The rims look great from what I can see....can't wait to see a better shot so we can see the contrast with the inner ledges.

MB Wheels Mesh X 17x7 +45
tires are 225/45 17

Smaller as in width or profile?
Its hard to find 225/40 17 but I do plan on going to 215/40 17 next time i buy tires.

Do you have any rubbing issues with the 225/45?

Back