"Official Member" now, i just got a 2003 Protege 5

chexmix78

:
03 Protege5 traded on 11mar08, new ride iTouring Value 4dr Sedan
it's sunlight Silver it has a Manual transmision, and a whole buncha other accesories i didn't know when i negotiated for it. It does have the factory subwoofer over the spare and in dash 6 disc cd changer. it also has a sunroof. ( except for the sunroof, i didn't know these things until after i bought it... oh well...It doesn't have ABS. but other than that, it's perfect.

I love it so far. it's everything i want in a car. great handling, fun to drive, reliable in that's warrantied,

i love the silver accents inside, nice touch without being overkill. the whole interior is awesome. i love the orange gauges and lights, reminds me of my FC.

there is a lot i didn't know about the car, but the more i drive it the more i like it. like the leather wrapped wheel and knob is a nice touch...heck the whole wheel is nice, is it a momo? If i am not mistaken, momo is used in mazdas right? the boot might be replace soon, though for a leather one, maybe a redline...

as a final negotiation, i got the dealer to install a 3 piece mazdaspeed set from a mazdaspeed protege and it's a nice touch. i am still going to look into installing a dead pedal to match, but it was only made for the mazdaspeed mx-5, so i'll have to look into that...more to come

i didn't know i had a subwoofer till i put Outkast in my CD player... and magically my rearview vibrated...

Welcome.. i have no doubt you will enjoy your new car.. as most of us have.

check this out for goodies, it helps the forums and supports the Protege Aftermarket scene.

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5496

Beau

congrats man! I've got the sunlight silver too and I love it. Any plan to mod it? I do recommend a short shifter over the stock one.

thanks for welcoming me, i MIGHT consider a short throw shifter and MAYBE an exhaust, possibly a racing beat. I also might go with a KM drop in, i think for now i want to keep it stock looking so no CAI for now, i also want to focus on paying it off first before i put any money into it....we'll see how long that lasts...

i am even wearing a racing beat t-shirt today to work under my dress shirt to celebrate my new acquisiton. It's a white dress shirt so it's see thru :p

haha....the short shifter is a must. don't bother with the CAI cuz it only increase maybe 2+ horse (if that) and get the msp exhaust they sound awesome! (then you will have also the same setup as mine) minus the dgm lip, tint, AEM intake etc =p

see, i am a noob, so i had to look up dgm, looks nice.

so did you get your exhaust used or new?

wow, finished checking out dgm, wow again, i want the engine cover and grill insert in carbon fiber now....

RedHotP5 said:
Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

thanks, i am sure i will, cuz i am digging the car so much. i work in downtown chicago, where parking is 14-20 bucks per day, so i always take the train, comes out to under 5 bucks a day, that's less than gas so it's worth it.

well today i just had to drive my new car, so i drove in and gotta pay the 14 bucks. well worth it.

Welcome and congrats! Just understand that one mod leads to another .... (drive)

chexmix78 said:
see, i am a noob, so i had to look up dgm, looks nice.

so did you get your exhaust used or new?

used of course and same for the dgm lip and aem intake. The only new is the limo tint, megan SS and kb bushing

would you recommend the bushing set. I am not only new to P5's i am also new to driving stick, this is my first stick shift DD. I have an FC that's stick, but that gets EXTREMELY Limited use. so i don't have that much expereince driving stick, to me the p5 shifts nicely and smoothly.

03's have a factory subwoofer over the spare????? thats what chexmix said at the 1st post.

tengoestetempo said:
03's have a factory subwoofer over the spare????? thats what chexmix said at the 1st post.

:DAs seen here:
jdm%201.jpg

tengoestetempo said:

The 03.5's have a spare tire sub. My 03 didn't come with one.

To the new guy in Chicago...... Welcome to your new addiction.

i want a total refund,lol, i have a 02 anyway and i guess the 03's started the sub thing

Back