Official MazdaSpeed3 Roll Call

This is my 3rd Mazda, and after being horribly disappointed with the build quality of the Mazda 6, I swore I'd never get another. And here I am anyway. (glare)

I decided to go with the Speed3 because it's fully built in Japan (minus the stereo, anyway). The 2006 M6 I got was a mishmash of Japanese and North American parts (I think some Canada and Mexico), and really just felt like a cheaply built domestic. It was a mutt, and reeked of cheap-ass Ford. I had problems with interior rattles and from day one. When I sold it, I never looked back and have not missed it one bit since.

The 2007 RX8 I had showed me what a Mazda should be, when it's built in its home country. Even though the stereo sucked (argh), everything else about the car was very quality. It had its quirks, but damn that's a driver's car if there ever was one. The handling was sublime, and the materials the car was built of were top notch. The A/C sucked horribly on it though. That's a known flaw of RX8's though.

Unfortunately the RX8 was a lease, and I was growing tired of paying for a car that would never be mine, so I took a hit and traded it in. I will still come out better than paying on a lease for 2 more years. That's the last car lease I'll ever, ever let myself get into.

Since I traded in, I didn't get a very good deal for the 3. However, that's my punishment for signing a lease on the RX8. I have had hatchback jones since I sold my VW Golf, and I feel the Speed3 is an almost perfect fit for me:

hatchback
manual
good mileage (i get low 20's in town and near 30 on the highway so far)
DAMN good power
excellent handling
quality interior
pumping A/C
very comfortable seats

I can't say with words just how much of a blast it is to drive. It's been years since I have smiled every single time I've sat down in my car. It is so close to what would be my "perfect" car. If I could change one thing, I'd have gotten the CWP, since there was one left in my area. It's gone now though, so that's spilled milk. I still love the Gray though.

The Bose is a diamond in the rough. Right now I have bass -2 and treble +2 to make up for the system's shortcomings, and it sounds decent (bearable but not good). It's WAY too heavily bass-tuned. I'm an SQ guy, not a bass-head. I'll be doing the <$50 tweeter/crossover mod here in a few weeks, which I hope will be enough to last me a couple years. I'd rather put my money into paying it off than buying stereo gear.

Anyway, it's a fantastic car, and I am glad to be a part of what you guys all love so much about owning it. Sorry for the wall of text. (nobody)

Greetings eh?

2007 COSMIC BLU MS3
Fujita CAI
Corksport rear motormount inserts

in the next few days:

DENSO ITV22 PLUGS
PROTEGE GARAGE TURBO INLET
FORGE BPV
WEAPON MOTORMOUNT DAMPER

I CAN'T WAIT!!!(

I don't think I have posted in here and I have had my car for almost a year now!!!

St. Petersburg, FL (Home of the RAYS!)
Purchased July 5th, new '09 MS3 GT in Black Mica,
Possibly last 09 in the state.
No mods....so far

Nah, I had to drive to North Canton (about an hour) to find this one used.... I take it you bought yours from either Medina World Cars or Park Mazda in Wooster, then? I bought a 2007 CX-7 from Park and they were totally awesome.... great people

Anyways, cool coincidence... its a small world after all!

Latest posts

Back