Official Mazdaspeed 3/MPS Thread

Hey in Canada it might be more like CAN $30K :p

No, but I agree, it is not just a refresh, it is definitely based on the 2010 model. It might not come that soon though (dunno)

22108812555.jpg

076509.1-lg.jpg

seriously, dont expect them to stop coming out with new speed's

they will get better, faster, and nicer as the years go by.

the way i see it is that my speed3 is already much faster than an '10 speed3 will be, and as far as i can tell, looks much better. Mine is only gonna get much faster, and mazda will not be able to keep up with that.

the 2010 three is all new, 2010 MPS will be all new as well, not a refresh of the current speed3, if there is a US model we probably won't see it until late '10 as an '11 model.
on mazdausa website they already have info on the '10 3 four door (all new) and the release for the '10 3 Five door is soon to follow.

Mazda, please make a sedan Mazdaspeed 3! Hatchbacks are cool, but not for everybody...

2010mazda3-rear-1.jpg

2010mazda3-rear-2.jpg

2010mazda3-front.jpg

They have to do MAZDASPEED versions for all their best models, so it makes sense to make it a hatchback. The sedan is taken by the 6...

MAZDASPEED RX-8 (coupe)
MAZDASPEED6 (sedan)
MAZDASPEED3 (hatchback)
MAZDASPEED2 (hatchback)

and...

MAZDASPEED5 (soccer mom) (lol2) LOL

They have to do MAZDASPEED versions for all their best models, so it makes sense to make it a hatchback. The sedan is taken by the 6...

MAZDASPEED RX-8 (coupe)
MAZDASPEED6 (sedan)
MAZDASPEED3 (hatchback)
MAZDASPEED2 (hatchback)

and...

MAZDASPEED5 (soccer mom) (lol2) LOL

There's two hatchbacks...that doesn't make sense. Another sedan would even it out. ;)
I probably would've already traded my MSP for an MS3 if they made a laser blue sedan... and that new hood would be the icing on the cake.

There's two hatchbacks...that doesn't make sense. Another sedan would even it out. ;)
I probably would've already traded my MSP for an MS3 if they made a laser blue sedan... and that new hood would be the icing on the cake.

youforgot the mazdaspeed protege

yea, this is all true but the mazdaspeed6 is no longer being produced ;-)

plus the speed6 is more expensive than the speed3...the speed3 was advertised more as a 'younger' audience's car than the speed6...I'd like to see a new sporty looking mazdaspeed sedan

plus in america we only got the speedProtege speedMiata speed3 and speed6, the others were not brought over here ;-)

Last edited:
Ok....read again. "heavy reworking of the current car" = Refresh. If it was to be something else, they would say, "All new". Until then it's vague.

Last edited:
"Refresh" to me means tweaked bumpers, maybe restyled headlamps. Think 2000-2001 Protege, or 2005-2006 Mazda6. Not entirely new body work, new interior, new engines. There may be parts from the original car there, but I sure don't know what they are. This is clearly a 2nd generation vehicle. If the '99 Miata was a second gen, then this certainly is. The '99 Miata was able to keep a lot of the parts from the first generation, but I don't think anyone would call that a mid-cycle refresh.

Look at the 09' RX-8 refresh. New front bumper-headlights-qtr panel, rear bumper and lights, wheels, interior, and many new options.

In either case I think it'll be bad ass looking.

Last edited:
I think the '10 Mazda3 is going to be about as similar to the current car as the Volvo C30 or Euro Focus. Basically an all-new car on the same chassis.

Allright allright, this is from the 2010 Mazda3 Sedan official press release. That should clarify things (or not? LOL):

Mazda delivers yet another exhilarating driving experience with the all-new 2010 MAZDA3. As Mazda's global best-seller, the current MAZDA3 was the foundation for a dedicated worldwide team of engineers and designers to take the car to the next level.

The all-new, fully redesigned 2010 MAZDA3 features advances in performance, fuel economy and safety. Add in a more powerful, yet quieter drive, aggressive design and a load of sophisticated amenities not usually found in the compact segment, and the all-new MAZDA3 delivers everything you could ask for in a compact sports sedan.

its going to be a new car, not ALL new like the 6, with the 3 they started with the old car, but many changes, more so than they did with the RX8,

so yeah i could see where some may call it a refresh, but its more a new car than the RX8. and with out going with a ALL new car we may see a mazdaspeed version sooner than the last two or three years of a production run like previous mazdaspeed models

so , yeah ALTSPACE, you are probably right about it being no more than a refresh, but its a BIG refresh.... can't wait for production shots... what show coming up that they are going to release? the 3 hatch that is

Right, that's all I was saying. New to me design wise is a radical difference from current. Maybe it's my designing profession that makes me see it that way. ;)

Like I said, it's going to be bad ass!

Back