Official - 2014 Mazda3

Looks awesome, but I hope the word "mazda" is not plastered on the front grille as in the picture gallery

Looks awesome, but I hope the word "mazda" is not plastered on the front grille as in the picture gallery
That's where the license plate would go. Looks like the pics are the EU or AU spec plates. Hopefully NA plates will be lower & not straight in the middle of the grille.

Ran across this video.

Are the lights on top of the fog lights turn signals or DRLs?

Last edited:
Seriously looks insane. Can't wait till this starts vanquishing all comers in future comparisons!

I love the new 3, although I'm not planning to get rid of my 2012 anytime soon. I just have to make sure I stay away from the sales floor when I bring my car in for service.

I think I might have to test drive one of these as soon as they show up. Definitely like it.

asked my Mazda dealer about this before I bought my 2012 Mazda 3 GT-E. I was told there is no new model coming out that they know of. Well I am pretty sure I was lied too. In a military town, I will be passing around this info. Or, I might just **** my salesman up! IDIOT!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond pissed

asked my Mazda dealer about this before I bought my 2012 Mazda 3 GT-E. I was told there is no new model coming out that they know of. Well I am pretty sure I was lied too. In a military town, I will be passing around this info. Or, I might just **** my salesman up! IDIOT!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond pissed

A few questions, if I may...

1.) When did you purchase your 2012 Mazda3?

2.) If you were so concerned with the possibility of an upcoming model, why did you not take to the Internet to see if there was any chatter about a new Mazda3?

3.) You are assuming your dealer actually knew of a new Mazda3. You know what happens when you assume, right?

That's where the license plate would go. Looks like the pics are the EU or AU spec plates. Hopefully NA plates will be lower & not straight in the middle of the grille.

In PA, no front license plate is required, so even if the word "mazda" is not there, the blank spot in the grille would look downright fugly.

In PA, no front license plate is required, so even if the word "mazda" is not there, the blank spot in the grille would look downright fugly.
Yeah, that's my only complaint about the car. Hopefully there will be a grille w/o the plate holder section.

Longer wheelbase, shorter length, wider, lower, lighter, awesome looks. Yes, I want one. Good job, mazda.
On another note, I'd like to see that 2.0L skyactiv motor go in the 2.

Must have it. September is going to feel like SUCH a long way away.

Then again, I've been missing my old Mazda since I test drove a 2012 SkyActiv 3. Glad I wanted. Couldn't get over the grin...

What is wrong with the Elantra? Does it not give you the same thrills as a Mazda?

Not even close. It's way underpowered, for one thing (21 pounds per HP). It appears to have some low-end torque but it's an illusion of some goofy throttle mapping. The transmission isn't real bright. The suspension tries but it doesn't stick as well, even though it's just as stiff. The tail tends to slide out too easily. And the steering is as numb as a Novacaine addict. Maybe moreso.

You can tell they tried, but they're just not the artists Mazda engineers are when it comes to this stuff. The difference between the Elantra and my Gen1 Mazda3 was night and day. I miss the Mazda. A lot. Though I have to grant how bulletproof the Elantra has been.

Latest posts

Back