Official 09 Acura TL Thread

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
2009_acura_tl_450.jpg

The 2009 Acura TL is coming this fall, and Acura has released the first official image of the car. Acura's love-it-or-hate-it new shield-grille face is affixed to the front end of the new sedan, which also sports thin, slanted headlamps and a pair of angular lower intakes. A pronounced accent line sweeps down from back to front, where it leads directly into a very pronounced wheel arch. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer to see the car's posterior.

Two TL flavors will be offered, confirming the preview report that we ran back in April. Honda doesn't announce powertrain specifics other than to confirm that the new TL will be available with Acura's SH-AWD system and also offer the marque's "most powerful engine ever." We assume that to mean the 300-horsepower 3.7L engine used in the RL and MDX will also be making an appearance in the TL. Based on what we were told back in April, look for a 280-horsepower 3.5L to serve as the base engine in the FWD car.

hmmm...Front is god fugly. The side looks alot like a Infiniti G35 Sedan.

If I was in the market for a entry level luxury sport sedan it would not be this one. BMW e90 FTW!

They've now got a lineup of great looking cars, with the fugliest grilles I've ever seen on each of them. I'm guessing in two years we see an entirely new lineup of grilles.

Toyota on line 1...Something about a camry rip-off?

Toyota's bloated & boring design "language" was bad enough but now it seems Honda/Acura is speaking the same language...At least in the states...:(

2009_acura_tl_450.jpg

The 2009 Acura TL is coming this fall, and Acura has released the first official image of the car. Acura's love-it-or-hate-it new shield-grille face is affixed to the front end of the new sedan, which also sports thin, slanted headlamps and a pair of angular lower intakes. A pronounced accent line sweeps down from back to front, where it leads directly into a very pronounced wheel arch. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer to see the car's posterior.

Two TL flavors will be offered, confirming the preview report that we ran back in April. Honda doesn't announce powertrain specifics other than to confirm that the new TL will be available with Acura's SH-AWD system and also offer the marque's "most powerful engine ever." We assume that to mean the 300-horsepower 3.7L engine used in the RL and MDX will also be making an appearance in the TL. Based on what we were told back in April, look for a 280-horsepower 3.5L to serve as the base engine in the FWD car.

You sure that isnt the RL? Why would you buy the RL when you can get the TL and have the exact same features for less? Doesnt make sense. That looks like the 09 RL.

What kills it is the grill. I'm surprised nobody at honda told that designer the grill looked like s***. Or even worse, thought it looked great!

Back