off road wheels and tires on 2012-2015 cx9

jojo_2015 CX9

:
2015 mazda CX9 touring tech package Flex Blue
Has anyone done off road tires on their 9? Thinking of doing this but wanted to see if anyone else has and if they like it. Post some pics of wheels on your 9! Interested in different styles!

I haven't seen anyone do it, as everyone uses them on-road (and most are the soccer mom crowd). I'm sure you could though. I know a 17" rim will fit with clearance on the brakes, can't go any smaller than that. Then you could throw on some BFG T/A's or Goodyear wranglers. But honestly, you'll just be sacrificing ride quality and road noise for the look.

To each his own, but it's like going to the ballet and seeing a dancer wearing football pads.

Last edited:

It's funny, most of the comments on that post I agree with. I love it and hate it at the same time, lol. At least that kid went the whole nine yards and admits it's a "tribute" and doesn't have any off road chops. Funny though, he admits he wanted to restore it, but didn't have the funds. Then drops all kinds of money to make the off road version, lol. I actually bet that car would be a TON of fun at the beach or a sandy area, where you aren't as concerned with fender clearance

I live in Oregon n we have some of the best camp sites around (which is why I wanted the wheels for summer time). I agree with the road noise being an issue tho I definetly wouldn't want to sacrifice to much. For sure am doing a 17" so the clearance meets where it should. Should have em on in bout a month hopefully. I refuse to see this as a soccer mom car, if anything its an overgrown Mazda 3 wagon, very sporty with tight suspension I think all who owns will agree these beauties are much more then they look. #beefedupwagon

Back