OEM Mazda Tire Sizes for 16"?

CometGSR

I am looking for some rims to install on my Wife's 2007 5 Sport and would like some advice. I want to go with P205/55R16 winter tires so I need to buy some rims. I want to stay OEM Mazda in either a steel or alloy. I found some Mazda Millenia 16" ones that might work, but I wanted to check with you guys first. Even better, I would like to find some Steels, but I can't find any in the 16" size. Is there a master list that shows OEM wheels that fit our bolt patterns?

Any help would be appreciated!

Wow, I found out that the 6 has steel. Still, it would be nice to find something that lays out what will fit the 3 or 5 to make it easier.

Last edited:
The 55 mm offset will be fine. The mazda 3 can take the mazda 6 alloy rim which is 60 mm so 55 mm will not be a problem. I use a 45 mm offset on my 5 for winter rims and they are no problem even w/ a 225/55R16 mounted on the rim. The milennia rim should work.

I lost out on the Mazda6 rims, I guess I should have made it there sooner. Have you guys tried 16x7 rims? I know someone here has Escape rims, but I was not sure what size it was.

Not sure if this helps but i run 19" 8.5 JJ rims on my Premacy (Mazda 5 Sport) here in Okinawa, wearing 225 35 R19 Toyo Tires.

Good luck, post some pics when you get something on there.

peace!(rei)

It looks like I am going to go for a set of 2001 Mazda Millenia 16". While its not exactly what I wanted, they will look nice on my Wife's 5. Are these directional?

W64833.gif

I know my old Taurus SHO wheels were directional. If you guys never heard of it on Mazdas, I guess they are not.

I will post pics once I get the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60s mounted and on the car (will be awhile! :) )

He's looking for some 16" and you came with 19" specs. Not usefull at all.

well, sorry...Gezzzz...
But lets take a look shall we?
Have you guys tried 16x7 rims?

Let's see that is him (not you) asking will a 7JJ wide rim work? Yes, no, yes ,maybe?

So I respond with "I use 8 JJ rims."

IMO that was of some help, .... I was trying to show how wide he can go and it still will work, but you provided, NOTHING but a rude coment, ... (yawn).

Peace!(rei)

Your taurus had directional TIRES, not rims. The OEM tires were directional. Balanced any rim will not matter.

Since a good portion of Mazda3, 6 and Mazda5's are 17" wheels have you thought of just going that route and upgrading? You will be able to find a set of 17" wheels here and else where, i.e. Craigslist and the like, pretty easily and cheap.

The problem is, the 17" size of the Blizzaks are a bit more money then the 16s. My Wife is also driving, so she may be more likely to hit pot holes and other things. To be honest, I think the 17s are to aggresive for the 5. I do appreciate the brake size, but I would rather (for my Wife's use) go to a 16" 55 or 60 series tire.

I am going to buy a new set of tires for the 17s, but they will be a more inexpensive summer tire.

My Taurus SHO rims were directional:
This wheel is factory equipment for 1993, 1994 & 1995 Ford Taurus SHO but will fit any Taurus from 1986 on up with a 5 x 4.25 lug pattern. This is RH rotation wheel which means it goes on the passenger side of the car (front or back). I have the (LH) other side available in another listing. I will include the center cap but I do not have the lug nuts. This is the actual wheel you will receive. See the "click to enlarge" pictures below for condition. This is a used wheel, please do not expect perfection

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Inexpensive summer tires.... Let me know when you find those.

Up to you but you are going to spend around the same for steelies and tires than just getting yourself a nice set of A/S tires and running them on the stock rims. Dont know where you live but here in MI that works great for our 07 Mazda5 Touring. Unless you are in Canadia or something snow tires are a waste to me, IMO anyway. Let us know what you get and post up pics!

Latest posts

Back