OEM Floor Mat

stevie_b

:
2002 Proteg 5
I have searched for this but can't find the definitive answer.

My drivers side OEM floor mat has a small hole in it that looks like it would fit on a peg to hold it in place, but I can't find the peg on the floor anywhere?
Anyone else have this problem?

if the small hole is right below the edge of the seat. on the mat.

then there is a little bracket that screws into the carpet/floor board in the spot so the mat can hook onto it. my lx has the same thing.

cant be much money from the dealer if you wanted to pick it up.

My P5 came with the peg. It's handy as hell because the mat doesn't move at all. I liked the idea so much that I installed one on my 89 Prelude.

stevie_b said:
I have searched for this but can't find the definitive answer.

My drivers side OEM floor mat has a small hole in it that looks like it would fit on a peg to hold it in place, but I can't find the peg on the floor anywhere?
Anyone else have this problem?
yep.. there should be a peg on the floor. Did you buy your car used?

I did buy my car used, just picked it up a month or so ago. Thing is, there doesn't even seem to be a hole in the carpet to let the peg come through?

its actualy a small bracket thats bolted in place that has the peg on it...its bolted just under the seat and it runs over the little ledge and onto the floor board and has a peg at the end.

"Bolted in place" should be used lightly here. It's actually a plastic screw fastener, at least on mine.

I'm in the same boat as Stevie b. My floor mats have the little hole but there isn't a little hook for them in the car. It drives me nuts as the floor mats slip all over the place.

Maybe it's one more thing we can add to the Canadian vs. US difference list.

Any suggestions on how to make a hook?

stevie_b said:
you don't happen to have the part # handy?

I think he means that he bought his car new from the dealership, and it didn't come with the bracket. At least that's how I read it.

Here is a pic of mine...

Attachments

• P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 196

Latest posts

Back