OEM Aluminum Pedals

Just want to verify the part numbers. Are these the correct ones?

AT 2 pedals - BHN2-V9-091, BHN1-V9-093
Footrest - BHN1-V9-095

Just want to verify the part numbers. Are these the correct ones?

AT 2 pedals - BHN2-V9-091, BHN1-V9-093
Footrest - BHN1-V9-095

Yes, those are the exact ones I got for my 2014 FWD AT.
I got them for $146.13 before shipping, no tax from MazdaPartsCenter.com

How differently does driving on the aluminum pedals feel? Do your feet slip at all? I love the look but not the price. I'm thinking of at least getting the foot rest because I hate ruining that carpeted area with dirt and dust. I didn't understand your installation procedure clearly; is it difficult removing the plastic trim to get to the styrofoam? Thanks!

How differently does driving on the aluminum pedals feel? Do your feet slip at all? I love the look but not the price. I'm thinking of at least getting the foot rest because I hate ruining that carpeted area with dirt and dust. I didn't understand your installation procedure clearly; is it difficult removing the plastic trim to get to the styrofoam? Thanks!

There really isn't much difference in feel on the drive pedals IMO. My biggest gripe with the car is that it didn't have a dead pedal. (even an el-cheapo plastic one) The dead pedal does have a bit of raised aluminum for a shoe to grip and feels nice and sturdy when you put your foot on it. Especially compared to pressing the carpet which had some give before it would hit the styrofoam behind it.

There really isn't much difference in feel on the drive pedals IMO. My biggest gripe with the car is that it didn't have a dead pedal. (even an el-cheapo plastic one) The dead pedal does have a bit of raised aluminum for a shoe to grip and feels nice and sturdy when you put your foot on it. Especially compared to pressing the carpet which had some give before it would hit the styrofoam behind it.

I ordered the dead pedal yesterday using my credit card points. maybe some time down the line i'll get the two other pedals, but it's not a priority.

I ordered the dead pedal yesterday using my credit card points. maybe some time down the line i'll get the two other pedals, but it's not a priority.

Bringing this post back from the dead! I was wondering you ever got the dead pedal installed? Or if anyone has installed one recently.. My main question is did you have to pre drill into the carpet and drill into the styrofoam like it mentions in the instructions. Any input would be appreciated.

How is it installed?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi OP,

I was wondering if you could recall your install for the footrest. Did you really not need to drill for it? If i don't have to drill would be nice otherwise i'm heading to orchard supply for the 5mm drill bit. Thanks!

Hi OP,

I was wondering if you could recall your install for the footrest. Did you really not need to drill for it? If i don't have to drill would be nice otherwise i'm heading to orchard supply for the 5mm drill bit. Thanks!
For the footrest, you don't need a "drill".
Just a knife to cut a hole in the carpet. Underneath the carpet, the footrest area is styrofoam. The screw goes through the carpet and into the styrofoam.

For the footrest, you don't need a "drill".
Just a knife to cut a hole in the carpet. Underneath the carpet, the footrest area is styrofoam. The screw goes through the carpet and into the styrofoam.

Cool thanks! I found it kinda difficult to cut through the carpet but finally managed and after that was easy. I ended up just picking up 5mm drill bit so i went ahead and used it. by drilling it was helpful to keep the nut plate in place.

8C2224B6-E284-496B-9662-431589C2D359_zpsmndchjoa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cool thanks! I found it kinda difficult to cut through the carpet but finally managed and after that was easy. I ended up just picking up 5mm drill bit so i went ahead and used it. by drilling it was helpful to keep the nut plate in place.

Where did you find a metric drill bits? Can't seem to find anybody locally that carries anything but standard sizes. It's like I am an alien when I ask for metric. lol

I have the full pedal set to install and it calls for 2.5mm, 5mm and 7mm between the accel pedal and the footrest.

Edit: Found a fairly inexpensive set on Amazon. Good to have around, even though it's more than I need...

Last edited:
How is it installed?

I have these style pedals minus the mazdaspeed logo. I found them on ebay. I didn't want the pedals to say mazdaspeed when the CX-5 is not a "speed" version. They install with out drilling into the pedals. The gas pedal has a rubber piece that just goes around the top of the pedal and hooks under the side. It's on very well and doesn't move at all. For the brake pedal you need to remove the oem rubber pedal cover and replace it with the rubber and aluminum pieces, again very good fit. The dead pedal came with double sided tape but I removed that and used industial strength Velcro, to stick it to the carpet. I use three 1" wide strips and it stays put very well.

Most of the cheaper 13 pc sets top out at a 6 or 6.5 mm bit. 7mm and 5mm bits are required to install the accelerator pedal.

Found a $20 set that includes the 7mm. Funny how it costs as much to buy the three needed for the pedal installed as it does a 21 pc set.

Here is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Out of stock now, though. Guess I got the last one. lol

Last edited:
Where did you find a metric drill bits? Can't seem to find anybody locally that carries anything but standard sizes. It's like I am an alien when I ask for metric. lol

I have the full pedal set to install and it calls for 2.5mm, 5mm and 7mm between the accel pedal and the footrest.

Edit: Found a fairly inexpensive set on Amazon. Good to have around, even though it's more than I need...

my local hardware store only had standard as well.. I subbed it for a 3/16($2.69) it's the closest i could get to 5mm without being too large. It's about 4.8mm and since it's styrofoam there was some flexibility to the hole after drilling and worked perfectly.

Back