OEM Aluminum Pedals

nXt

:
2014 CX-5 Touring FWD Tech Pkg
So I spent the ridiculous money and got the Aluminum Pedals.

The brake pedal has rubber/plastic nubs. The footrest and accelerator pedal are holes.

Brake pedal: easy, pull off the original rubber and snap on the aluminum one (instructions said to soak it in warm water to loosen the rubber a bit to make it easy).

Footrest: easy, put it on and mark 2 holes on the carpet. Pull off the side plastic trim and side body plastic trim to be able to get under the carpet. Put the "nut plate" behind carpet, then put the pedal on and screw in 2 screws. FYI, the Dead pedal support area... it's made out of STYROFOAM.

Accelerator Pedal: Had to drill 2 8-10mm holes into the plastic pedal. It came with a sticker template so you can stick it on the pedal then mark and drill..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20140110_201512.jpg
    IMG_20140110_201512.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_20140110_201442.jpg
    IMG_20140110_201442.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_20140110_201529.jpg
    IMG_20140110_201529.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2,581
  • IMG_20140110_201545.jpg
    IMG_20140110_201545.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 3,172
Last edited:
Thanks for the pix and the description of how easy they are to install. I got the footrest and really like the look. I could not believe it was styrofoam underneath.

I would like to get these for the 2014 GT that I'm picking up on Sunday. My question is since these were made for previous CX5, is the length of the gas pedal correct? My concern is that the bottom of the gas pedal limits the travel of the gas pedal as it might hit the floor mat?

I would like to get these for the 2014 GT that I'm picking up on Sunday. My question is since these were made for previous CX5, is the length of the gas pedal correct? My concern is that the bottom of the gas pedal limits the travel of the gas pedal as it might hit the floor mat?

TW00Si your screen name looks familiar, were you or are you on S2Ki? just curious cuz I used to be on there myself till I sold my S

TW00Si your screen name looks familiar, were you or are you on S2Ki? just curious cuz I used to be on there myself till I sold my S
Yes, I'm still on S2Ki. I've been using this screen name since 1999 from ClubSi/Honda Tech to Prelude Online to Celica forum to S2Ki. I have enough account logins to remember already.

I think yours look familiar also. Were you from NJ or Long Island?

Queens. I've been to a few humpday meets in NJ and one or two at the hooters in queens.
Gosh I miss my S....

Yes, I'm still on S2Ki. I've been using this screen name since 1999 from ClubSi/Honda Tech to Prelude Online to Celica forum to S2Ki. I have enough account logins to remember already.

I think yours look familiar also. Were you from NJ or Long Island?

Get another one. I know someone that is selling their 09 GPW S with 9k miles. It's in immaculate condition. I'm in Queens also. I might have met you before.

Thanks for the info.
I have been having a hard time finding a mount that I like. Where on the dash did you attach it to and how well does it stick? My previous mount would constantly fall down.

It was hard finding a flat surface to mount this holder on. I did have it on the dash once but after a week or so, it fell off.
Finally found this spot, and it's been good for months.
IMG_20140116_162912.jpg IMG_20140116_162754.jpg

Last edited:

It's specially made for the CX-5. The 2014 Mazda 3, 6, CX-5 all have the same pedals.
On Mazda's site, the 2013 (but very early months) is a different part number for the Accelerator pedal. Newer 2013s and all the 2014s all use the same part numbers.
There's no issue with hitting floor mat.
If you look at the pedal itself, the bottom of the pedal isn't touching the ground, it's raised over and above the floor mats. I'm using the All-Weather Floor mats too, and they're thicker and higher than the carpet mats.

Back