Odd oil leakage..

pawel_r

:
93 Mazda Protege Lx
почему будет масло мотора протекая от того болта на задней части коллектора?

http://img215.echo.cx/img215/8325/problemreference93sohc3tx.jpg

is dit met betrekking tot een belangrijk probleem met de motor??

haha.. too much language class today..

BUT ya.. Can u tell me what might be happening here and if it is anyhow related to a rough idle in gear and hesitation/miss while cold, and moisture in the tailpipe??

(NOTE: That is not my engine. YET. Its a REFERENCE pic best one i could find that shows the back of the IM and that bolt that on my engine is spewing oil)

Last edited:
wow can tell you exactly what you need to do right there.

1. Put in truck
2. Find trash dump
3. push and run.

:)

AznXstazy said:
i second this.

hello..

My car is in running shape.. with a great body and all working power features

that pic is just to 'REFERENCE' waht ive had trouble explaining..

that engine had like 350,000km mine is at 260right now

That bolt shouldn't have oil coming from it. If it does I would first check how the oil is getting there (crankcase breather, pcv, turbo?, etc.). And yes that leaking would cause a vacuum leak and could cause idling problems etc.

i still have to drive the car today.. about 14 miles each way on the highway.. hope its alright tomorrow ill take it in for a look im kinda worried cuz under the oil cap smells like gas, but dipstcik doesnt and oil level is fine.. i had people tell me this is normal on mazda engines, and also that blowby is normal too.. but mine must NOT be for the oil to make it to the back of the IM its strange.. but the Throttle Body, air intake tube and air filter were clean.
i have no turbo.. replaced a pcv valve and it is not getting stuck.. so its either a head gasket leaking compression in 1-3 cylinders.. slowly.. or something.. i will have it comp. checked again but a month ago it said 130 130 130 147ish as far as i know that seems fine

Brian MP5T said:
Holy Crap, With an engline like that, if it didn't leak, I would be worried...

what do u mean?? an engine that has 263,000km on it?? cuz my engine doesnt look nearly as bad as the one on the pic, but it is a SOHC

i took out the vacuum hose that goes to the side of it and the hole there was pretty gunked up.. kinda tried to clean it out with a q-tip but id have to take off the whole manifold and clean it out, and then but theres something going on (some kind of excessive blowby or something) that is leading to this.

i need two new shocks on this thing and two cv joints as well so im just thinking its not worth it if the engine is ready to crap out. CURSE on you autotrader sellers!

Strange. I would think that a mechanic might have a better chance helping you. I would have to see it for myself.

it likely wasnt oil but carbon buildup.. which would melt when the car got warm and looked like oil..

i got my problem fixed with a can of CCC sprayed it through the vacuum in the intake

my intake valve was not functioning correctly.. and i had compression of 175 120 175 175 so the 2nd cylinder is near dead, but car runs better and doesnt even idle rough after this cleaning procedure

my guess is i freed up a lot of the gunk around valves and maybe made the 2nd cylidner fire better

BTW......thats a cute tractor
backhoe.gif
(boom03)

Back