Odd fuel cut issue. Need help

Warlock2X

:
2008 Honda Civic SI
I had noticed a torn coupler and noticed the car was fuel cutting under boost, after a while it had popped off and had not boost, but it wasnt cutting fuel either. I had to drive it like that for a couple of days and wait for a new one to come in and i put the new on on and its cutting like crazy while under boost. I checked all the other couplers to make sure no others were torn and none were, i then checked my WGA to make sure it wasn't torn, and again it was fine. Now im getting really frustrated with this car and have been trying to find someone with this exact problem and have not found a solution yet. I have a custom FMIC and piping, greddy BOV, relocated MAF, and the APEX R1 turbo back exhaust. Im going to try cleaning my MAF tomorrow and see if that doesnt help, but before the torn coupler the car was running fine (it had the ever so common hesitation issue, but other than that ran fine) anyone have any input here?

are you looseing power when you hit this fuel cut i mean is the dash lighting up or anything in that matter. If so there is a leak around your maf, you may also need to reset the computer unplug the battery cable and see if that helps, check your plugs to.

also just in case you dont want your blow off after the maf that would mess you up also.

yes i am losing power when i hit boost, it like the car wants to boost but doesnt because the fuel cut is so constant and my WGA is fine i cant blow any air through it, I relocated my maf closer to the throttle body and the BOV is closer to he front of the car so theres no stalling issues, but i'll check my maf for leaks and if that doesnt work im gonna drive the car into the damn bay lol.

Last edited:
maybe ur plugs are fouled now from ur car running so rich from the torn coupler! check ur plugs man!

touche i didnt think abotu that thanks dan. also if im running everything stock accept for the FMIC and exhaust should i be using iridium plugs or platniums?

well, checked my plugs and theyre still white for the most part, saw a tiny bit of reddish brown staining on the m but white mostly

i took out the primary o2 sensor jsut to take a look and not only did it appear burnt but its also bent as seen in the pic below anyone else ever had this happen? :confused:

IMAGE_102.jpg

Last edited:
i couldn't figure it out for the life of me what would cause an 02 sensor to just bend and warp like that.

Last edited:
what kinda plugs are you running?

you should ONLY run the NGK coppers.

and, do you have an exhaust leak?

did you pull on all of your ic pipes to make sure they weren't loose??

what kinda plugs are you running?

you should ONLY run the NGK coppers.

and, do you have an exhaust leak?

did you pull on all of your ic pipes to make sure they weren't loose??

I had a boost leak for a little while and had to run the car w/o a hot side (i.e. no boost) and when i got the new coupler in it ran terribly, i did have an exhaust leak for the longest time that i just fixed yesterday some of my exhaust manifold studs were missing so i bought some 10.9 bolts to hold it for now. and I'm running NGK Iridium plugs. and i checked all my pipes and couplers to make sure i didn't have a boost leak elsewhere. when im driving and i let off the gas, or when i push the clutch in the vac on my boost gauge goes all the way down to like 25-26ish

I had a boost leak for a little while and had to run the car w/o a hot side (i.e. no boost) and when i got the new coupler in it ran terribly, i did have an exhaust leak for the longest time that i just fixed yesterday some of my exhaust manifold studs were missing so i bought some 10.9 bolts to hold it for now. and I'm running NGK Iridium plugs. and i checked all my pipes and couplers to make sure i didn't have a boost leak elsewhere. when im driving and i let off the gas, or when i push the clutch in the vac on my boost gauge goes all the way down to like 25-26ish

fix the o2 sensor. get rid of those bad iridium plugs. go with the NGK coppers, gapped to .028-.032.

the exhaust leak will cause some of your issues too.

were you experiencing fuel cut before you replaced your sensor?

i had fuel cut here and there but not too bad i remember when i had an exhuast leak where it rusted through right before the cat and it was running very bad it would barley spool up and it sounded like a tractor

did it get fixed?

Yea man it fixed most of my issue. it still cuts out a tad under boost but not near as bad as it was last week. thanks for the advise and i still need to change out my o2 sensor and eliminate the VCTS but other than that im good to go. car boost real good when i punch it fuel cut here and there but im sure its nothing a unichip and some WRX 440s cant fix.

Back