October dinner meet

hat1018

:
2003 Protege5, 2006 Mazda3, 2015 CX5
How about a dinner meet? We are over due for one. Winking Lizard in Independence, october 13th, at 3pm.

The list:
1. Larry, Jen, and Andrew
2. Evan #1
3. Pablo
4. Josh, Steph, and Sophia (conveniently bailed on the moving part)

Last edited:
I'll help you out pending work marlon. Maybe bring my twin with me for extra help, pending his schedule as well.

We are moving stuff gradually to the house now, Pablo and Evan #1 have agreed to help. We have reach out to Fez as well, so if anyone else wants to lend a hand, we'll take the help. We will buy your meal and a a drink or two for lending a hand. It will be mainly large items, dressers, tables, etc.

We are moving to Parma, so we are about 15 minutes from the Indy Lizard.....

Turning this into a "Help the Sumlin's Move Meet" would be fine with me, all of us together would for sure get the rest of the move done that day!

We'd just need a plan of attack. Move in the morning, food in the afternoon? What about the women/children folk? Doesn't sound like they'd be much help, and may just get in the way. lol

WOW!! thanks all!! I am picking up the 16' truck at 8am ... so starting to move things about 9 or 10am would work ... ONE load, ONE trip. I need to get the truck back by 2pm. I'll know better as we get closer, but i'm truly hoping for it not to be alot of stuff left over here by then, just the 'big' furniture ie couch, couple of dressers, hope chest, table and chairs ... and misc car parts and tires ... we have plenty of tires!! : ) and like marlon said, we are moving closer to the Indy Wink so that would work out perfectly!!

another good reason to be done by 2pm is that SPEED is airing the ST Conti race at 2pm ... : ) even though a bunch of us will have seen it in person, it's always fun to watch the TV version for the action we may have missed from our viewing spot(s) ... and it'll be great to celebrate AGAIN when (positive thinking) Derek and Tom win the driver's championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!

long story ... but got a better deal. I'll tell you all about it over a few beers at the Lizard ... : )

I can't WAIT for it to be all over with! all day yesterday and today was spent cleaning, packing, moving and throwing s*** out ... we are beyond sore, doubling up on ibuprofen ... : / this coming weekend away will be a WELCOME relief!!

Last edited:
long story ... but got a better deal. I'll tell you all about it over a few beers at the Lizard ... : )

I can't WAIT for it to be all over with! all day yesterday and today was spent cleaning, packing, moving and throwing s*** out ... we are beyond sore, doubling up on ibuprofen ... : / this coming weekend away will be a WELCOME relief!!

I hear ya!

I love moving, because everything is so new....new neighborhood, new neighbors (hopefully some good ones!) new house, new furniture orientation, etc. At the same time though, gathering boxes, tripping over them for weeks and weeks before the move, all the hard work and fatigue, not to mention depression setting in after you realize how much useless s*** you accumulated over the years....sucks! LOL

Sub. Great idea to help Marlon and Lauri move then get lunch. :)

I forgot I have a FAA Safety Seminar at Akron Canton Airport that morning, but I'll be done by 1. I can help then, or just meet for lunch if you guys are done already...

Back