Octane gas

There are places in St. Louis that have 93. I've only found one since I purchased this car. I think a buddy of mine with an MS3 and I will try and map out various places in St. Louis with 93.

If 93 is hard to find in other areas, it might be a good idea for folks to work together to put maps up for those areas.

I had to get mine flashed for the CDFP TSB, which fixed it and made the car more driveable. Sometimes its worth it even though you lose power. That's what the AP/SB/XEDE will unlock for ya if you choose that route.

I had to get mine flashed for the CDFP TSB, which fixed it and made the car more driveable. Sometimes its worth it even though you lose power. That's what the AP/SB/XEDE will unlock for ya if you choose that route.

Yeah i understand that, but mine didn't have any problems. I did because a forum member said he felt a better difference.

He has/had a 07 MS6 bought the MS CAI and he said when he put it on, he was losing power and had some hesitation and it felt faster stock. He heard about the REFLASH, so he got the FLASH n said after that the MS6 felt like a beast.

I bought the MS CAI and put it on. I had the same damn problem after that, but only the opposite. he said the FLASH works good with it but i took a chance and did it.

BTW: mines a 06 MS6

Yeah i understand that, but mine didn't have any problems. I did because a forum member said he felt a better difference.

He has/had a 07 MS6 bought the MS CAI and he said when he put it on, he was losing power and had some hesitation and it felt faster stock. He heard about the REFLASH, so he got the FLASH n said after that the MS6 felt like a beast.

I bought the MS CAI and put it on. I had the same damn problem after that, but only the opposite. he said the FLASH works good with it but i took a chance and did it.

BTW: mines a 06 MS6

Did you take the battery terminal off after the intake install?

Sounds like we might also have several revisions of our cars ECU, like the MS3 has. If someone had a good link to all the TSBs for our vehicles, we could probably get a listing going.

Did you take the battery terminal off after the intake install?

Sounds like we might also have several revisions of our cars ECU, like the MS3 has. If someone had a good link to all the TSBs for our vehicles, we could probably get a listing going.

that's the first thing i did before i took off the stock airbox, been doing this with my previous car's as well.

The REFLASH is bulls***

that's the first thing i did before i took off the stock airbox, been doing this with my previous car's as well.

The REFLASH is bulls***

ur reflash might be different because of emissions laws... depending on when ur friend got his done and u got urs done the law mightve changed alittle and thats why ur reflash is different..since its cali it wouldnt suprise me being how tight they are about emissions.

ur reflash might be different because of emissions laws... depending on when ur friend got his done and u got urs done the law mightve changed alittle and thats why ur reflash is different..since its cali it wouldnt suprise me being how tight they are about emissions.

I got a letter in mail about the REFLASH when they 1st came out, never did it because i was fine with the way the car ran stock.....Probably "FACTORY FREAK".... when i say this i mean i been in an 05 Evo MR, 99 VR4, LS1 GTO, 94 RX-7, 12sec all motor hatch.

So i'm not calling my MS6 fast for nothing, but i can assure you it would beat or give STi's or Evo IX a run. stock for stock, but that's been taken away due to the REFLASH

as far as emissions goes, it's just like any other state!

If you're in Cali (your profile), then you might have a neutered tune compared to everyone outside of AZ/CA/NV. You do have stricter emissions standards.

If you're in Cali (your profile), then you might have a neutered tune compared to everyone outside of AZ/CA/NV. You do have stricter emissions standards.

So you're trying to say that all mazda dealerships have different reflash's in different states?

I beg to differ, people have noticed the power loss with the REFLASH whether it being in ca, Dc, IL, or FL.

the Reflash sucks period. I wouldn't recommend it at all

So you're trying to say that all mazda dealerships have different reflash's in different states?

I beg to differ, people have noticed the power loss with the REFLASH whether it being in ca, Dc, IL, or FL.

the Reflash sucks period. I wouldn't recommend it at all

No, you're missing the point. There are 2 sets of flashes, federal, and the ACN ones. ACN emissions requirements are more strict than federal. You live in Cali I believe, you got cut back more than everyone else as a result of the flash.

If you truly don't like it, get a tuning solution.

I have had my car flashed to the latest firmware and don't notice a difference. There is a TSB out for the CDFP issue, and the easy fix is the ECU flash, but it can also require changing of the CDFP itself. If you're feeling a loss of power, you might wanna look into that.

No, you're missing the point. There are 2 sets of flashes, federal, and the ACN ones. ACN emissions requirements are more strict than federal. You live in Cali I believe, you got cut back more than everyone else as a result of the flash.

I have had my car flashed to the latest firmware and don't notice a difference. There is a TSB out for the CDFP issue, and the easy fix is the ECU flash, but it can also require changing of the CDFP itself. If you're feeling a loss of power, you might wanna look into that.

I'm done with the REFLASH's from the dealership. Ill just go CP-E standback or Cobb AP when i have the extra cash to ditch out, more than likely not for awhile

Or i can just get a 3"downpipe and be like i was stock. Seriously my MS6 stock was a Super "FREAK".

I believe i got the California Emissions recall Flash done. Do you know if the MS6 stock come with the federal flash stock?

This is what i was told

There are two flash's out, Federal and California emissions

so where i am the highest gas i get is 91... otherwise everyone puts 87 in the cars, so is using 87 bad or ok, and is using 91 bad or good?? o have an 02 protege5...

so where i am the highest gas i get is 91... otherwise everyone puts 87 in the cars, so is using 87 bad or ok, and is using 91 bad or good?? o have an 02 protege5...

There is no reason to run anything other than 87 in that Protege. The car doesn't have adaptive spark and won't compensate for the higher octane, so save yourself the money and just run 87.

Back